WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Store Policies and Returns..

MailboxSurprise
05-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I am setting up my ebay store and trying to make everything as clear and professional as I can. I was setting up my store policies and wondered what the general policy is regarding returns...

I am assuming it depends on what you are selling but I was just wondering how you guys feel about it...

I am selling some digital items which I am stating no returns on those...because they are, in fact, digital.

I was selling some personalized items and thought that returns will be accepted only in the unlikely event of an error in personalization...

What do sellers generally do with other things? Example would be the seller just changed his mind and does not want it...

Thanks in advance..

Trish

in_flu_ence
05-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Digital items are like software. They usually do not come with Return policy. However, there might be 'Free Trial' version whereby people can download before a purchase.

I would rather say such item should have a No Refund policy to ensure that they are serious in buying.

Other items should have a Return policy which provides a timeframe that the buyer should abide to. In addition, how the item is returned? Tracking number? Refund payment type? Paypal? Cheque?

Also, there may also be a stock charge for perfect good that is sent back for 'return/exchange'.

If there is an Exchange policy, what will the timeframe be? Who is responsible for the postage?

MailboxSurprise
05-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Hmmm...a lot to think about regarding returns.. I think I will have to do some research on this topic.

I am providing my digital items with a no return policy. I may try to redo the software to have a free trial but I don't have time for that right now...

I did not think about the time frame. That is a good idea.

Trish

in_flu_ence
05-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Actually, it is good to check out some sites that sell similar product as yours.

It just make all sense that a ebay shop is = to an official website of any other kind.

So the policy should somehow be the same except that there should be more ground rules with regards to how you conduct your auction.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1