WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : pure romance vs. slumber parties

MzBrooklyn
02-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Hello,

Can someone share the pros and cons of each company? I like pure romance website better than slumber parties. I think it looks more professional, feminine and up to date with information.

I am stuck between these two companies.

Thanks

prbyaimee
02-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi Mz Brooklyn!

I am with Pure Romance and it seems you have a good start on your research - I will private message you with details as we are not supposed to advertise our businesses on here.. and I have a long list of great things about our company!

jrichardson
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM
I have been with slumber parties for three years, I also have tried pure romance and found slumber parties a better fit. I agree, view both catalogs, websites, products etc...the start up costs are higher with slumber parties yes, however when people invest more in something, they have a tendency to work it more to recoup their money...as opposed to paying less and not being to worried about being out a smaller amount of money if the business fails...so I think pricing doesn't matter if it is a business you are wanting to work and make money...kit cost won't be an obstacle.
Price points on products, warranties, are also good things to look at,
Both pure romance and slumber parties have their own "perks" ....what will help you is what YOU like or have a passion for :)...cause that is the only thing that will help you have a great business!
I sent you a pm, best of luck to you!
Jeanie

BRoberts
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Could someone pm me comparing these two. Thanks.

Slumber Parties By Casey
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
i pmed you!

stina121
11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Im looking also if someone could PM me

thanks

mbryce1985
01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
I would like some information on either as well please!! I have been looking into both and I agree the Pure Romance site does look better but the Slumber Parties has perks as well.
I was wondering if Slumber Parties you have to pay for your website or if it is like Pure romance says and is free?

Please message with either or both opinions of them thank you!!

omahamom
01-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Other things to consider when you are searching for a company that is a good fit for you are:

~ Hostess benefits. How much does the hostess get? (a higher percentage could lead to more parties). Do you pay for the rewards out of your pocket or does the company pay for them

~ Shipping options. Are items shipped to you for distribution or can they be shipped directly to the hostess and/or customer. Some consultants want things shipped to them so they can add surprise gifts, marketing material, etc. Other consultants don't want to mess with delivery and/or paying for shipping

~ Commission level

~ Quotas / Requirement. Do you have to sell a certain amount to stay active? Do you lose your rank and team if you don't meet the requirement? How many team levels do you get paid on?

I'm sure there are others...would love to hear what other people considered before choosing a company.

Leegmoser
03-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Good Afternoon All!
I have some important news to share! Earlier today I terminated my relationship with Slumber Parties. Later, I joined Pure Romance. It is important to stress that this was a BUSINESS DECISION.

I believe Slumber Parties offers top-notch products and the consultants deliver quality service. The training and support network is phenomenal. Over the course of the two plus years ...that I represented Slumber Parties, I met so many amazing women, quite a few that I am proud to call friends.

Coconut
03-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Hello. Does Pure Romance have a website fee?

What does Cloud 9's Daisy promotion come with?

Comparisons please. Also, is autoship a requirement?

Leegmoser
03-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi Coconut, I read your post and I am so glad to helped many of my friends who have needed advice. I have some information about pure romance.
Hope this is very useful for you if this helpful then please leave a comment.

Info on Pure Romance:

This is the best thing that EVER happened to me, besides my daughter :) I would love to share the oppurtunity with you to make money and have a great and fun life from here on in. We are acutally counting down to the 60,000th consultant right now. Only a few more spots to go but the 60,000th consultant will get $1,000 in FREE products! So read quick and contact me asap!! I would love to help you get the FREE goodies :) (I am all about FREE)

Q. How much does it cost to get started?
A. Usually $250-$1000 for your starter kit. All consultants purchase a starter kit and sign a consultant contract. The starter kit will provide you with products and paperwork to do your first show (or couple shows...depending on which one you select). Pure Romance often runs kit specials. Ask me if there is a special this month. If that sounds like too much for you, I can get them cheaper May 25th, 2010...CONTACT ME ASAP TO FIND OUT HOW!

Q. How does it work?
A. Pretty much like any retail business - you buy products at a discount and sell them at a markup. Consultants start at a 35% discount to 50%, and can eventually move up to 60%. There are also special sales and the option of purchasing items by the case that increase your profit margin. We do not sell our products in stores, so the vehicle for selling is through in-home parties. Women invite you into their homes to entertain their friends by demonstrating our sophisticated line of lotions, lubricants, massage aids, and bedroom accessories - which women LOVE!

Q. How much do you make?
A. My average net profit for a $650show (after I pay for brochures, hostess gifts, door prizes, etc) is $275+ Not bad for under 4 hours of work. Of course this is different for everyone. Those just starting out may do less but there is a "Fast track" program in place to help those who start out at a 35% discount go up to a 50% discount within 4 months of joining!! (I started at 35% and was at 50% within 6 weeks!! I earned over $1,500 my first month selling...yay me!!)

Q. What type of women sell Pure Romance?
A. All kinds of women! Discard any preconceived notions you may have about the type of women who do romance parties. We have 18 year old college girls and 63 year old grandmothers, high school dropouts and attorneys, women who have struggled financially and those who were financially set long before they decided to become consultants. Each woman has her own unique story for why she decided to become a consultant.

Q. I could never get up in front of strangers and talk about sex! How do you do it?
A. If you told me a year ago I would be doing this, I never would have believed you! However, training and support offered is phenomenal, and once you get through the first show jitters, it's a piece of cake! It really comes natural after your first party!

Q. Will I have a website?
A. Yes! Pure Romance provides all consultants with a FREE personal website. Orders placed through your website are processed and shipped by the corporate office and you receive up to a 40% commission. Direct people to your website and reap rewards for doing nothing at all!

Q. How do I get party bookings?
A. There are several ways for you to get parties when you're first starting out.Bookings from parties spread like wild fire. I posted on Facebook that I joined the company and within 1 week I had 8 parties lined up. Now im booked every month!! I really love this job, my only regret is that I didnt start earlier

Q. Are there "perks"?
A. Pure Romance offers fabulous monthly, quarterly and annual incentives for consultants who work their businesses. From free products to cars and dream vacations, there are lots of things to keep you motivated!

Q. Why Pure Romance vs. other "Romance" companies?
A. We're a class act. We give back to the community.Not only are our parties tasteful and educational, Pure Romance is affiliated with a number of academic institutions (Sex Education week at Yale! Kinsey Institute!), and philanthropic organizations (we have a program specifically designed to help women who have undergone cancer treatment recapture their sensuous selves). We've been featured in tons of publications (Womens' Health, Forbes, Entrepreneur) and on television programs like "the View."

Q. I have children at home. How does that work?
A. Many successful consultants have young families. By taking a few precautionary measures (such as establishing a locked "Pure Romance" closet) you can successfully run your business while establishing boundaries with your children. I have a 19 month old daughter. I am a stay at home mom and I am enrolled in online school full time. If I can do it anyone can! This is my main reason though, now I do not have to put my daughter in day care! Plus I make great money that I can use to spoil her!

Coconut
03-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the info but I decided these are not the right products for me.

I don't have the right personality for it. lol :)

nicole1802
05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I used to work for Slumber Parties now I would for Pure Romance. I could help with the differences, I am honest about both companies I am not here to push you one way. Just like to help

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1