WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Information products?

aalexander
02-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Does anyone sell them anymore on ebay?
I wanted to sell baby quilts and quilt tops but with my disability
I cannot go to the post office often to ship things.
I also did a completed listing search for the items I used to sell before I
got sick,and they seem to not be selling as well as they used to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks..:-)

johntpc
02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
You mentioned that you cannot go to the post office often. If you are able to print shipping labels or postage for your packages, you can have the post office pick up your packages for free (unless they are international packages).

It is fairly easy to print shipping labels if you sell on sites and accept your payments through paypal. You can print labels right from the paypal site. Also, eBay now gives you a slight discount to ship with the post office if you print your label on the eBay site.

Your idea to sell quilts and quilt tops is a good one in my opinion. Also selling general quilting or sewing supplies may work well. Buying and selling items at times is more profitable than buying items, making them into another item, and then selling it. Of course you should probably try all avenues to see what works for you.

Etsy.com is another good site to sell your quilts and quilt supplies. It seems to be second only to eBay in traffic and popularity, but you are limited to selling handmade goods and art/craft supplies. There are more sites like Etsy, but they not quite as trafficked.

Sorry if I did not answer the main question of your post, but I thought I'd add my comments in hopes that they are helpful to you or others.

aalexander
02-05-2012, 08:44 PM
You mentioned that you cannot go to the post office often. If you are able to print shipping labels or postage for your packages, you can have the post office pick up your packages for free (unless they are international packages).

It is fairly easy to print shipping labels if you sell on sites and accept your payments through paypal. You can print labels right from the paypal site. Also, eBay now gives you a slight discount to ship with the post office if you print your label on the eBay site.

Your idea to sell quilts and quilt tops is a good one in my opinion. Also selling general quilting or sewing supplies may work well. Buying and selling items at times is more profitable than buying items, making them into another item, and then selling it. Of course you should probably try all avenues to see what works for you.

Etsy.com is another good site to sell your quilts and quilt supplies. It seems to be second only to eBay in traffic and popularity, but you are limited to selling handmade goods and art/craft supplies. There are more sites like Etsy, but they not quite as trafficked.

Sorry if I did not answer the main question of your post, but I thought I'd add my comments in hopes that they are helpful to you or others.

Yes,you answered my questions.I had forgotten about etsy and about shipping labels.LOL.I think it might work after all!

Thankyou so much...:-)

johntpc
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
You're welcome, glad I was able to answer your questions!

Hope your online sales are wonderful and profitable for you!

khakigirl
02-07-2012, 06:40 AM
You might also consider Yardsellr (http://yardsellr.com). It's a fee-free alternative to eBay. You can import Etsy listings (so they're on 2 sites at once). I've been selling on there for 3 weeks and have made $171 in sales and I'm just selling stuff from my closets. :)

Hugalicious Ragdolls
02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
If you are looking for craft info products to sell on ebay, I have a candy wrapping ebook + a diaper cake ebook that you can sell, PM me and I will email you a PDF copy of each. I sell these on ebay on CD in Australia. No charge, I give them away on other sites, and you can charge whatever you like for them. I offer them both together :)

aalexander
02-11-2012, 03:07 PM
If you are looking for craft info products to sell on ebay, I have a candy wrapping ebook + a diaper cake ebook that you can sell, PM me and I will email you a PDF copy of each. I sell these on ebay on CD in Australia. No charge, I give them away on other sites, and you can charge whatever you like for them. I offer them both together :)

Thankyou,that is really nice of you.I appreciate it.
I'll Pm you now.
Thankyou so much,
Anita

aalexander
02-11-2012, 03:18 PM
You might also consider Yardsellr (http://yardsellr.com). It's a fee-free alternative to eBay. You can import Etsy listings (so they're on 2 sites at once). I've been selling on there for 3 weeks and have made $171 in sales and I'm just selling stuff from my closets. :)

Really? It's free?
I was on it yesterday trying to figure out how to sell on there.Someone gave me 5.00 to use there.
Thankyou for telling me.

aalexander
02-11-2012, 04:18 PM

When I try to buy an item,I can't get the buy it now page to load.Are you having trouble,or just me.lol

writersunite
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
aalexander,
Even without going to the post office, you can sell things on eBay that fit in an oversized envelope. Just leave it for your postman to pick up.
And although infoproducts are supposedly forbidden on ebay, there's a simple way around that: just advertise that your ebook will be mailed on a cd. Once they purchase, email them a copy of the pdf. Most people will be satisfied with that so you won't need to post the cd after all in most cases.

aalexander
03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
aalexander,
Even without going to the post office, you can sell things on eBay that fit in an oversized envelope. Just leave it for your postman to pick up.
And although infoproducts are supposedly forbidden on ebay, there's a simple way around that: just advertise that your ebook will be mailed on a cd. Once they purchase, email them a copy of the pdf. Most people will be satisfied with that so you won't need to post the cd after all in most cases.

Ok,thankyou!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1