WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

djunamod
01-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi everyone,
I posted this on another WAH forum but haven't received any responses so far. So I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'm exploring some options to add to my part-time online college teaching job and transcription work is one that I'm looking at (general transcription). I've been looking at Quicktate/iDictate as an option. However, I didn't quite get from the website materials what to expect in terms of work steadiness. I'm really looking for something that will offer steady hours (more or less) per week. It's fine if they're not a lot of hours (10-12 is fine, but 20-25 is even better) but I do need them to be steady and not "fly by night" (i.e., where a project goes out to every single transcriptionist and whoever grabs it up first gets it - I've "been there done that" with another type of online job and it's not for me).

Also, I'm wondering what people make on average for a week/project when they do work just to get an idea of how much I can earn.

Thanks for the advice!

Djuna

Quicktate_Support2
01-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Djuna,

With Quicktate there are no set hours you work. As an independent contractor you set your own hours.

Support

Quicktate_Support2
01-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Also if you have any further questions. Please contact us at Quicktate (http://quicktate.zendesk.com/) and submit a ticket.

Support

Marie77
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Just wondering how things were going with Quicktate? Do they have lots of jobs available?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1