WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

puderdinc
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I am considering becoming a tastefully simple consultant. I just have a few questions and was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

What is the cost to get started?

What is the cost of doing business?

What are my out of pocket expenses for each party?

Are there any sales requirements or minimums?

Do I deliver product?

What is the commission starting out?

Commission on reorders?

Thanks in advance!

bianca5454
01-06-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm sure a TS rep will be along to answer your questions.

Good luck with your research. :)

LynnAndreske
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Puderdinc..I'd love to answer your questions for you.

Here are your questions and brief answers......It's a really great time to consider our business.
Incentives for trips and such are sarting, we have over the top Host offers the next few months,
the tax benefits of a home business will dramatically benefit you at years end, and....we just
have so much fun doing what we do..you should too!

What is the cost to get started?
TS offers options for you!! We can have you purchase a kit for cash OR if you host, you can use the host credits to pay for or buy down the kit cost. Our Taste Kit is $89 and contains enough supplies for 2 parties, 4 retail products and business and training materials. Our Blast Off kit is $170 and contains enough supplies for 4 parties, 10 retail products, a special welcome box for you, training and business materials.
This Blast Off kit does have the option of a 3 payment plan...$56.66 per month when not using host credit.
And of course you will need basic things like a calcultor, some pens, copy paper, envelopes, a binder.
I have a list that I share with my new team mates on what to do first and then next to get started.
During JAN..hosts are earning an extra 50% in host credit....which can all be used toward a kit.

What is the cost of doing business?
You will have your start up costs, and then on-going samplers for parties, office supplies and some postage, and if you wish you can have a personal website (recommended but not necessary) for $10.95 per month, and ProPay to process credit cards -will depend upon the plan/options you select.
I have found that one party per month covers all my expenses...and the rest are income for me.

What are my out of pocket expenses for each party?
This will vary upon what type of party you are doing...in-home tasting, book shows, Take it to work sampling parties, fundraisers, online parties or FB events, remote to you parties where you send a food kit and supplies and the party is done without you in attendance..lots of options!
For inhome parties you can figure the samplers, order forms, a small prize, and a few other items that carry from party to party..books, hand out sheets, display items. You can figure $15 on the lower end to $25 on the high side-it will depend on your preferences and how many guests are attending.
For book parties and online events, the catalogs and order forms are pretty much it, unless you offer a few samplers for a book party. I'd be happy to go over exact breakdown in a conversation with you.

Are there any sales requirements or minimums?
To remain an Active consultant, $400 in sales must be submitted each calendar quarter. That is typically 1 party.

Do I deliver product?
NO! That is one of the great things about our TS. No inventory is mandated, No sorting, No deliviers...each order can be shipped directly to clients. And clients may order directly via your website(ifyou choose to have one) without involving you...you simply get a notice on our Corp HQ site....allowing you to contact and thank the client. =)

What is the commission starting out?
30% commission, plus a personal 30% discount onyour product purchases

Commission on reorders?
30% as well =)

You might also like to know that you can work a business around your life and schedule, PT, FT or Career. And...you can earn 5 star vacations, that we offer 2 catalogs per year with product change-overs, there are Mgmt options if you would like to build a team, and that I personally feel this is one of the most generous and thoughtful Direct Sales companies out there. They truly listen and care about the sales force.

Best wishes as you make your decision....getting the facts is a great way to make an informed choice!

Lynn

puderdinc
01-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you so much for your response! I actually have someone in mind for my sponsor, I just wanted to hear the info from others as well. It makes me feel better about putting money out to get started.

LynnAndreske
01-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Welcome then to the business of sharing food and fun =)

You will love it here =)

Looking forward to seeing you on FB in some of the groups there!

Brenda54
01-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I recently joined Tastefully Simple and am having a blast with it! The food truly is simple and very yummy! I took an English Toffee Cheese Ball to a church social last week and it was a huge hit. Booked a tasting buffet party for the 28th of this month. Tonight at church, more ladies were asking for catalogs.

For me, it's going to be all about fun, quality time with girlfriends getting together, or couples (guys LOVE the products also), and food tasting. I don't feel I need to play games but will do something so I can give out a free gift.

The TS consultants on here are very helpful!

May you be blessed beyond expectations in your new venture!

shall
01-19-2012, 03:22 AM
I've never been on the "business" side of TasetfullySimple, but have really enjoyed their products as a customer. I always look forward to a party as I always have a great time!
Good luck in your new venture!

LynnAndreske
01-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks Shall -- Hope you are hosting from time to time as well! Free is always nice...and the leftovers from our parties are pretty great! Have yourself a great day!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1