WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Photo Labs

TommyH
12-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Do you all use labs online or local labs for your prints?

I had a local lab when I lived in SC and prefer to support local businesses. Now where I am at there is no local labs, so having to order online. Really prefer local labs so I can proof my prints, no shipping and get them right away. But you do what you got to do so trying a few places out online.

AndrewW
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Don't tend to make prints myself.

lorah
12-20-2011, 05:09 AM
I usually print them myself. Although on Imagekind, they take care of all that for you. I have a good photo printer and use good paper and my prints come out really nice. Although, I don't print any larger than an 8 x 10 I, too, would prefer to use a local business, but since there are none available, I opted to do it myself.

AndrewW
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
I usually print them myself. Although on Imagekind, they take care of all that for you. I have a good photo printer and use good paper and my prints come out really nice. Although, I don't print any larger than an 8 x 10 I, too, would prefer to use a local business, but since there are none available, I opted to do it myself.

I have a color laser printer, only time I use it to print pictures though is if my mother happens to be visiting, she tends to want some to take with her. Come out pretty good on it, though haven't ever gotten any photo paper for it haven't really seen the need for the use I put it to.

Did have one printed up at 30x24 once though (online). Along with one made into a puzzle.

lorah
12-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I love the photo puzzles. I have several photos that I would love to do that with.

AndrewW
12-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I love the photo puzzles. I have several photos that I would love to do that with.

I used:

Photo Puzzles, Picture Puzzles, jigsaw Puzzles and Custom Puzzle Gifts - Personalized Photo Puzzles (http://www.jigsaw2order.com/)

TommyH
12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Most of the ones I print out are huge as I sell them or have them up in galleries. The lab I was using locally was giving me such a great deal on prints it made sense to get the smaller ones done there as well. (8x10) would only run me 1.50 each. If I printed them myself I would have close to that much in material not to mention cost of printer.

I ordered a print from Meridian to try them out and got it the other day. It was a 12x36, very simple to upload, quick process time, and fast shipping. Got print in less then a week and shipping was reasonable at a flat rate of 6 dollars. Think I might continue to use them for my pano shots.

And for standard shots use the photo lab my website goes through going forward. Unless a shop opens locally.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1