WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : FujiFilm Finepix S3200 ?

Havocsone
12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Is this a good camara for starting out in photography?

petersonstyle
01-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Yes, it will be a very good camera to learn with. You have a good zoom range, image stabilization, and good image quality. It will not be at the level you need for professional work. However for snapshots and developing your eye it will be more than qualified. If you go to your local library you may find some of the older Kodak photography how to books (they are slim and have a yellow cover). Although they were written with film cameras in mind, they are still some of the best books for teaching the craft of photography --how to see and compose a good shot and basics like exposure and shutter speeds. They are worth your time to read.

I started out with a similar camera (made by Panasonic but similar specifications to the Finepix 3200) and shot some of my favorite photos with it. Here is a shot I captured in New Mexico with it.

http://petersonlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/madrid_new_mexico.jpg

sue311
01-13-2012, 07:56 AM
This picture made me wish I had started the photography class on Wednesday. I got a Fujifilm Finepix S2940 for Christmas and wanted to take some classes on how to best use it. If I could take pics like that with it...that would be a great start. I will check out those books you mentioned as well.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1