WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Mom2Twins+One
05-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Okay, I've got afew of sales under my belt (my last two got me almost $300!) and I'm ready to try to get rid of some more stuff. But I need to pick your brains for advice first.

I'm thinking about listing a couple of big items of the type that seem to be selling pretty well (one is a concept II olympic rower). I can get an idea of what to charge for shipping based on other auctions, but where do I get boxes that big? When you have something that big, do you have UPS do a pick up or do you drop it off?? Would you require insurance on an item like that or make it optional??

Any help greatly appreciated!

in_flu_ence
05-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Usually things that big will require cash on delivery. Basically buyer pick it up from your home. It is also possible to ship. I would say you can contact your local movers as they are the best person for a good solution. Insurance may be essential if the item is costly but it actually depends on your customer. He is going to pay for the price.

MOst of these rower stuff can also be dismantled for easier shipment. You may look on that.

Cheers

KellieAnne
05-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I would do pick up only. The biggest thing I ever mailedwas a side of a sport bike. I had to make my own box! That was fun.

Good luck!Edited by: KellieAnne

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1