WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Stock Photography Agencies

cmyrtle
12-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Does anyone know of any Stock Photography Agencies that will allow you to post your work on multiple sites?

TommyH
12-03-2011, 09:53 AM
most stock agencies will let you post the same picture on various sites. You can only put it on one site if you put down that it is an exclusive image for that particular agency. Usually if you do exclusive you get paid more for that one image from them. But sometimes posting it on multiple sites will give you more exposure and more downloads.

cmyrtle
12-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your help!

AndrewW
12-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I think you are referring to microstock rather then the regular stock agencies.

lorah
12-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between the two, Andrew?

AndrewW
12-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between the two, Andrew?

Stock agencies are the traditional ones. Such as Getty Images, they generally require lots of pictures from regular photo shoots. Which can involve going out on locations with lightning and all that and sometimes models. Can be hundreds of dollars to purchase one image for use.

Microstock agencies came about more recently where just about anyone can just upload for sale, these typically run to a few dollars or so per image purchased for use.

These aren't mutually exclusive, Getty Images for example bought out one of the microstock agencies at one point.

lorah
12-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Ah, ok. Thank you for the explanation! I didn't know that.

AndrewW
12-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Ah, ok. Thank you for the explanation! I didn't know that.

No problem. That's why one asks to learn things.

cmyrtle
12-04-2011, 05:18 AM
You are absolutely correct. I meant Microstock agencies. Thanks for your help.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1