WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Digital Manipulation?

lorah
11-29-2011, 04:57 AM
For me, personally, I never use any kind of photo manipulation software, IE photoshop, when I put my photos up for sale. I feel like it takes away from the natural beauty of the image. I can understand it when doing portrait, wedding photography but how do you feel about it in general?

AndrewW
11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
For me, personally, I never use any kind of photo manipulation software, IE photoshop, when I put my photos up for sale. I feel like it takes away from the natural beauty of the image. I can understand it when doing portrait, wedding photography but how do you feel about it in general?

I need to do at least some as I always shoot in RAW mode, so the camera doesn't even do white balancing.

Mostly just do things like color correction and some sharpening myself, with an occasional crop. Not faking the picture just bringing out more details and the like. And also stitching together if I do a panoramic one.

TommyH
11-30-2011, 08:52 AM
I use software to bring out colors and correct white balance as needed but try to get it correct in the camera. If I do portraits it depends on what the customer wants. Sometimes they want the imperfections moved, hair cleaned up from face, etc.

For landscapes I will use it to stitch together for panos, I am waiting for my ND and GND filters to come in, so from time to time I do some HDR. I however don't do like painterly look, I combine my exposures, without the correct filters its hard to expose a bright sky and a dark foreground like during a sunrise or sunset.

AndrewW
11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
For landscapes I will use it to stitch together for panos, I am waiting for my ND and GND filters to come in, so from time to time I do some HDR. I however don't do like painterly look, I combine my exposures, without the correct filters its hard to expose a bright sky and a dark foreground like during a sunrise or sunset.

I've got some I took that I should have used my polarizer on that I didn't... But can convert them from RAW to properly expose for the sky, then again for the ground.

TommyH
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Ya a GND or polarizer can be done in photoshop. Its one of those things, I love both aspects editing and photography. Some people like only the photography so they don't want to spend time using a program to correct images.

I have found now though most time I try to enter a contest for my landscapes, editing is set to a minimum. So waiting for filters as they don't like HDR images, or editing to create a polarized effect, they do allow color correction and such. Some allow the HDR or have a category for it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1