WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

blingaling
11-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi~

My sister was scheduled to host a Silpada party tomorrow (Saturday, 11-19) afternoon and her consultant just cancelled on her. We are trying to find a replacement for the Elgin, IL area tomorrow afternoon from 1:30-4:00. Please contact me if you're available.

Thank you

Lisa

liz.jewels
11-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi Lisa!

Oh no! Your best bet is to do the party with your rep's up line or someone else on her team. Didn't she give you any options or suggestions? None of the reps that frequent this forum are in that area (I suppose I'm closest and I'm outside of Philadelphia!).

You can also go through Silpada.com and be assigned to a local rep by filling out an online form.

In your shoes, I would go ahead and have the party without the rep. Hang out with friends, show the jewelry you personally own, and pass around the catalogs your sister was given for planning the party, plus the online jewelry box on Silpada.com. You can put together a great book party this way.

I don't know what circumstances (health, family emergency, etc.) are keeping your rep from doing the party but I hope you ladies go ahead and have fun regardless!

liz.jewels
11-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I know it's too late for yesterday's party, but a rep about 90 minutes from you saw this post and may get in touch. Hope she is able to help!

lindawerntz
11-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi~

My sister was scheduled to host a Silpada party tomorrow (Saturday, 11-19) afternoon and her consultant just cancelled on her. We are trying to find a replacement for the Elgin, IL area tomorrow afternoon from 1:30-4:00. Please contact me if you're available.

Thank you

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I just learned about your sister's dilema today, but would be happy to help in any way I can. I live in Freeport, just 1 1/2 hours away so it would be workable to come in to Elgin to help with her show if she wanted to try for another day. Please let me know. My phone # is 815-238-5091. I'm new to this site so am not entirely sure how it works.

I know someone recommended a book show, and if that's what your sister ended up doing that's fine, but the results for her are usually better if people can see and try on the jewelry. I have about 1/2 of the collection for people to see.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Linda