WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Low carb products?

Brenda54
11-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Reading about the different mixes and recipes make my mouth water!! I am diabetic and would like to know if there's anything low carb. I would love to go to a party but don't think I could turn down beer bread or chocolate ugly cake!! MMMMMMMM!!!

Blessings,
Brenda

Brenda54
11-15-2011, 08:11 PM
P.S. I love chicken tortilla soup or anything similar!

KristinaD
11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Hey Brenda!! :) Any of our mixes can be made a little healthier by using light cream cheese, greek yogurt (in place of sour cream). You can find specific product information by going to the website, Tastefully Simple - Home (http://www.tastefullysimple.com), and searching for products you're interested in and click on product information. The seasonings are popular items for diabetics b/c of the flavor they add to dishes. Unfortunately a lot of our products aren't completely guilt free...but everything in moderation nothing to excess! :)

Reading about the different mixes and recipes make my mouth water!! I am diabetic and would like to know if there's anything low carb. I would love to go to a party but don't think I could turn down beer bread or chocolate ugly cake!! MMMMMMMM!!!

Blessings,
Brenda

Brenda54
11-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Oh, that's what I wanted to hear!! I was thinking of swapping parties with reps from different home parties and thought of TS. Everyone likes to eat :) However, at least 6 of my closest friends are doing low carb. I'll have to get in touch with a local rep and see if she can do a party geared toward low carb but still offer the 'good' stuff......lol! Thx for your help!

Blessings,
Brenda

Hey Brenda!! :) Any of our mixes can be made a little healthier by using light cream cheese, greek yogurt (in place of sour cream). You can find specific product information by going to the website, Tastefully Simple - Home (http://www.tastefullysimple.com), and searching for products you're interested in and click on product information. The seasonings are popular items for diabetics b/c of the flavor they add to dishes. Unfortunately a lot of our products aren't completely guilt free...but everything in moderation nothing to excess! :)

LynnAndreske
11-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Good Morning Brenda,

In our household we are big on low carb, whole grains, low sodium, low fat...it's just a daily part of the way we eat. When researching a company to work with, I found Tastefully Simple had so many options for us that it was a fabulous match for me. And so many products with fabulous taste that when added to my lower carb items at meal time, I feel much more satisfied =)

When I give my host our Food party kit, I always share how she/he can make our pound cake with a Fat Free Yogurt instead of the butter, how she/he may use light cream cheese, mayo, miracle whip, sour cream in our dips/spreads. We have sooo many great options for eating our products to fit whatever lifestyle might be yours.

We are not only a share and taste company, we are an educating one. I share that many dishes folks love can be made so much healthier. Our seasonings are a virtual FLAVOR STATION for your home. We talk about how to season foods and leave out the 'heaviness" in recipes. In particular our Vidalia Onion Dressing is awesome as a dressing on a whole grain pasta salad with chicken, craisens and grapes, celery.

As mentioned everything in moderation...indulgence is good for the soul.

Best wishes finding a Consultant to work with and help your friends have a fabulous gathering!

TastefullyMI
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I've done "low carb" parties especially when Atkins was so big. We just sampled most everything with fresh veggies and baked pita chips. Really kept the carbs "in check."

My hubby is a diabetic since childhood and we use several products in our day to day lives. I've also lost 40 pounds recently and I use something "TS" every day as well.

Best to you, Brenda!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1