WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : help with dropshiping

cantu
05-16-2006, 11:49 AM
i want to start selling on ebay but i dont have the money, time, space to get items myself so i was thinking finding dropshippers, i know alot of you guys think "NO DROPSHIPPING" but thats the only way for me to sell on ebay. now my question is, i found two dropshipping companies but i dont know if they are any good maybe someone already has any info about them here are the links

www.dropshipdesign.com (http://www.dropshipdesign.com)

www.swapselltrade.com (http://www.swapselltrade.com) http://www.swapselltrade.com/dropship_wholesale.htmthis salehoo programm is 50$ did anyone hear of that

thanks for help

classyred
05-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi I found dropshipping does not work for me because trasition time on getting it into customers hands, I started on a shoe string picking up items at garage sales, thrift shops and clearence racks at the stores and I sell about 90 percent of what I list.

Good Luck!

KellieAnne
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Thats great Debra!

I sell on ebay as well. I have only been doing it a little over a month.

Good luck Cantu!

cantu
05-17-2006, 07:32 PM
the thing is i used to sell alot while i was in germanyand i made good money but now that im in the us i dont havea car and no way to get around thats why i was thinking about dropshipping cuz than i dont have to worry about bringing the package to the post office. does anyone have any good experiance with dropshipping????

joyceb
05-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Best to avoid dropshipping and find things you can sell yourself.

Did you know that you can do all your shipping right from your My eBay page.

Including buying postage, arranging to pick up parcels. Plus all
your Priority Mail boxes are free, you can order them online and have
them delivered right to your door.

http://www.usps.com/business/welcome.htm?from=homedoorwayb ar&page=business

Joyceb

KellieAnne
05-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Thats what I do.

I love it.

Tracie0812
05-19-2006, 10:55 AM
I have been thinking of selling things on ebay for sometime now and reading all this is really helping me with some questions. Still alittle scared about it though but thank you so much.

Jackos
05-21-2006, 03:53 PM
smileys/smiley17.gifThere are some legitimate dropshippers out there and usually they need some sort ofa Reseller certificate, Tax ID or business license to establish that you are an actual business. Visit your county clerks office and Department of taxation for these forms. I spent a total of 120.00 to get my business filed and licensed and in my state (Nevada)everything can be done online. As far a finding sources for products (the hard part) I would do a google search with these terms:

"Wholesale application"

"Distributor's Price List"

"Drop Ship Application"

"Tax Id Required"

"Does Not sell to Consumers"

"Retailers only"

This will ensure that you get legitimates sources and once you find them don't be afraid to call and inquire about products and services.

Good Luck.smileys/smiley36.gif

Kevin Peterson
05-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Tracie,

You've got the right attitude to make it. Don't be scared, though. Just like people here have said, you can sell your own stuff first as you're finding a niche, and you can pace yourself however you want. Jump in and get in the game!

Read as much as you can, but get your feet wet at the same time.

Tracie0812
05-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Tracie,

You've got the right attitude to make it. Don't be scared, though. Just like people here have said, you can sell your own stuff first as you're finding a niche, and you can pace yourself however you want. Jump in and get in the game!

Read as much as you can, but get your feet wet at the same time.

Thanks so much for thatI beleive that I will probably do my first posting on Monday due to the fact that my best friend is getting married this weekend I want to be able to take my time and make sure my listing is the best that it can be. I am sure I willlearn lots on the way.

Tracie

KAO13
05-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Cantu,

You should NEVER pay monthly fees to work with a dropship company. These companies are playing the 'middleman' and are ripping you off.The ONLY legit way to make money(especially on EBAY with tight margins) using dropshipers is to work with one who requires a tax I.D., registered business name, and references. All of this you can get for under $200 in most states. Once your application has been accepted, research the items(niche) that you would like to sell. Compare with items that have sold in auctions and Ebay stores. Also, don't forget to include ebay listing fees, paypal fees, shipping fees, etc. into your bottom line. Do searches on the items you're interested in. For example: If you were interested in selling Barbie dolls, get in touch with Mattel and see who there legit wholesalers are.With a little bit of determination and hardwork you'll be able to find alegit dropshipper.The ones that you're currently looking at, in my opinion give dropshippers a bad name. Good luck!

KAO13

cantu
05-26-2006, 07:55 PM
thanks for all the help. hopefully i will find a good one soon.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1