WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

liz.jewels
11-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Got mine yesterday and I am so in love with it! I hope they decide to make them available to us. I think I'm going to put mine into a binder since we just get the one, and display it at parties as a way to narrow the field for people overwhelmed by the larger catalog.

Of course, there are many beautiful pieces that were left out, but there were so many great ones included, and from every price range! I am really excited about this campaign!

What do you think?

cabimom
11-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I got mine yesterday too! We just had an Opportunity Night/Training event with Sue Scheen and she explained how this catalog will work. It is for instant purchasese and then the purchase will be assigned to the closest Active rep in proximity to the lead. To be active you have to have held 1 qualified party in the previous 30 days. I think she said 30, it might be 60 days. This is different than our regular leads program, but this is also a different type of lead.

Cheryl
11-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I didn't renew my agreement, so unforunately, I didn't get one.

Everyone is raving about it! Personally, I think Silpada's catalog is a little to big and can be a little overwhelming. I would love to see it just a little smaller, with a little less pieces to chose from.

This is just another fabulous thing that Silpada is doing for their customers and Reps!!

liz.jewels
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Cheryl, contact your former sponsor and ask for a peek! It's gorgeous and you will absolutely love it.

Cabimom, it's 30 days, not 60. You can listen to the teleclinic from October 26 for the information provided when they revealed it!

Cheryl
11-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Liz, one of the reasons I didn't renew, was because the person I signed up with olny had contact with me for the first couple of months, then that was it. She stopped working her business, her upline quit and then I rolled up to a 3rd line with a Director, who sends an email newsletter every so often, but NEVER returned any emails or calls, so I had been totally alone.

Next May, I will be free to re-join under a new upline, if that's what I want to do and I may just do that. Love my Silpada!! Right now, I'm looking at another company, that I totally LOVE and might be joining in the next few days...a fresh new start.

Maybe I can place an order (can never have to much Silpada) and get one!! :)

cabimom
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't remember what she said. So much information at the training!:D This company is the best jewelry company!

liz.jewels
11-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Liz, one of the reasons I didn't renew, was because the person I signed up with olny had contact with me for the first couple of months, then that was it. She stopped working her business, her upline quit and then I rolled up to a 3rd line with a Director, who sends an email newsletter every so often, but NEVER returned any emails or calls, so I had been totally alone.

Next May, I will be free to re-join under a new upline, if that's what I want to do and I may just do that. Love my Silpada!! Right now, I'm looking at another company, that I totally LOVE and might be joining in the next few days...a fresh new start.

Maybe I can place an order (can never have to much Silpada) and get one!! :)

Oh no Cheryl! That's a sad story, but it happens. One of the things that has been a benefit to me is that I signed up using Silpada's leads program. Since my sponsor was required to have a certain # of qualified parties and have a recruit from the past 6 months, she was a Star Leader and very involved in the business. She has been great support for me and connected me with many people in her organization who have also been helpful. Her upline-to-the-second, despite being a Silver Manager, has spent personal time on the phone with me and included me in mini-clinics she has hosted. I feel blessed to be in such a wonderful and supportive organization.

One thing that has changed...you only need to be inactive 6 months in order to sign up with someone new, not one year. So if you went inactive in May, you actually could start back up with Silpada sometime this month and be able to sign up with anyone you'd like. Of course, if this other opportunity seems like a better fit for you, then go for it! Ultimately, we all need to find the company(ies) that are the best fit for us personally. However, that information on Silpada's policy change may help influence your decision! Plus, if you re-start, you get a new fast start (!!!), which can get you free jewels.

The mini catalog is not being mailed to customers, but is a test for people who have never heard of Silpada or for orphaned customers. They are actually able to call a phone # and place an order, and a local rep is credited with that order. It's pretty cool. If you know any other active reps in your area of LA, I'm sure they'd love to show it to you!

All of the reps I've spoken with who have seen the catalog are extremely confident that this "test" will go very well, and that Silpada will make these available more broadly. Think of it like a look book on steroids - it's not all of the items, but it's a great place to start.

ETA: By the way, every time I post to you or read a post from you, it makes me want to go do push-ups. I love your avatar!!!

liz.jewels
11-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't remember what she said. So much information at the training!:D This company is the best jewelry company!

I totally agree! Plus those trainings are a great way to get re-energized about our business and meet other Silpada Sisters in our area!