WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ladies, I finally joined!!

VCat84
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
I finally joined. I have been thinking about it for a while, but got married a couple of months ago and was too busy. I am a freelance writer which I enjoy, but I sometimes need a break from it and also miss the joy of making a sale from when I used to work full-time in Internet marketing.

I plan to go through the materials and work on my site over the next few days.

One question I had that I can't seem to find the answer to is, do I need to put a phone number on my website right away?? Or can I start out with just an email address??

I don't have a land line at the moment. I would be open to getting one if it helps the business, but I am moving in January, so I would rather get it once I move. I am weary of just putting my cell #randomly on the web. I wouldn't even mind it being in a confirmation email or anything, but just don't want it on the site.

How do you all handle this aspect??

Thanks!! :D

VCat84
11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I am seeing looking through older posts that some people use Google voice. This may be an option for me. Still curious though if we are allowed to start selling with out a phone number posted.

VCat84
11-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Okay so my websites came, but I don't like that my personal email and phone number I signed up with are on the marketing site. I created a Google voice # and a new email I want to put up there, but am having trouble updating them.

I emailed for help, but if anyone knows how to do it, I appreciate the help. I updated them in the affiliate area and it is not showing as changed on the marketing site.

Thanks.

Lynn B
11-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi VCat :)

I am pretty sure I remember reading that one of the La Bella staff has to do that change manually. Give them a day or so, and follow up if necessary. Right now I don't have a dedicated email and phone number for my business but I can see the value in that. (I do have a separate email for my craigslist contacts though).

Congrats and welcome!! What a great time to get started with the holidays coming and a 10% discount for another 10 days or so... lots of good things happening. The forum (which is a yahoo group) is invaluable. It's so helpful to hear from people who have been there a few days to a few years... so encouraging. Hope to see you there, and much success!!!

Lynn

Lynn B
11-04-2011, 02:59 PM
PS: I also pretend to be a freelancer in my spare time :rolleyes: I think I have earned about $11, LOL Good fit with La Bella, though! Some online writing skills are really helpful for marketing.

Lynn

VCat84
11-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi VCat :)

I am pretty sure I remember reading that one of the La Bella staff has to do that change manually. Give them a day or so, and follow up if necessary. Right now I don't have a dedicated email and phone number for my business but I can see the value in that. (I do have a separate email for my craigslist contacts though).

Congrats and welcome!! What a great time to get started with the holidays coming and a 10% discount for another 10 days or so... lots of good things happening. The forum (which is a yahoo group) is invaluable. It's so helpful to hear from people who have been there a few days to a few years... so encouraging. Hope to see you there, and much success!!!

Lynn

Hi Lynn-

Thanks for your help. Yes, I ended up finding the email for help and one of the staff members changed it. They do everything quickly which is encouraging.

I am really excited to get started.

I hear a lot of success stories about this company (and a few people who it didn't work out for) but I have experience in Internet marketing, so I really feel I can do this.

AngelaSam
11-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Welcome to LBB!:)

It's a wonderful company with outstanding support & training. If you ever need anything changed on your marketing site email Janis and she'll be glad to help!

Daydaes
11-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Are there any monthly costs incurred with this business? Website cost, any fees? Sounds interesting and I love gift baskets:)

AngelaSam
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Reese,

Right now we have a $1.97 for 7 days promo (which will be ending soon) . For 7 days you get full access to everything we have to offer, websites, training, support and more. If after 7 days you wish to continue the cost is only $19.95 a month...with no hidden fees!

I'll send you a pm with more info :)

Angela

teamleber
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
:)Congrats on your decision to join!!

VCat84
11-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks ladies for the warm welcome.

I am liking it so far...a lot to absorb. Getting my feet wet slowly and trying to learn more each day.

Lynn B
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
That's what it takes - in a week or two things will seem a bit less confusing! Have fun :)

Lynn

VCat84
11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
That's what it takes - in a week or two things will seem a bit less confusing! Have fun :)

Lynn

Yeah writing is my main thing still, so it's not like I will panic if I don't make a sale right away. This is my side project for the time being. It is fun : )