WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trading/Joint party

liz.jewels
10-13-2011, 03:29 PM
My TS rep and I are doing a joint pre-holiday party. She's selling items folks can use for holiday entertaining or gifts, and I'm selling gifts!

Anyway, I am her hostess and she is mine, but the event is at the same place.

Any thoughts on how best to manage this? Have any of you TS reps ever done a joint event with a jewelry rep for holiday preparation?

Would love to hear your ideas and how you would pitch the party on your invitations. She and I are very excited and looking forward to having a fun time, but I also want to make sure we both do well (as reps AND as hostesses).

TIA!

TastefullyMI
10-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Liz -
I have done these and I have to say I keep it BEYOND easy. My hosts typically just make up a simple flyer sharing a little bit about both our companies as invites. I have whomever is hosting prepare a Party Food Kit and she and I split the time for presenting. I do about a 20 minute presentation because I'm sharing some basic info and the contents of the Party Food Kit. I don't think I've ever gone over a 1/2 hour. The other rep does the same so all in all, the guests are never sitting there longer than they would at one of my normal parties and that's one hour.

Since my sales are typically 1/2 of a normal party, I don't want my expenses or my time invested to be way out of line. But if it's a night I had nothing going on, I'm looking to get just a little more sales in for an incentive or I have the ability to add another booking...I'm happy to do one of these types of parties.

Wishing you all the best with it!

Brenda54
11-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Liz,
Have you done any of joint parties yet? I would like to know how they went. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with TS. I sell Lia Sophia jewelry.

TIA!

Blessings,
Brenda

My TS rep and I are doing a joint pre-holiday party. She's selling items folks can use for holiday entertaining or gifts, and I'm selling gifts!

Anyway, I am her hostess and she is mine, but the event is at the same place.

Any thoughts on how best to manage this? Have any of you TS reps ever done a joint event with a jewelry rep for holiday preparation?

Would love to hear your ideas and how you would pitch the party on your invitations. She and I are very excited and looking forward to having a fun time, but I also want to make sure we both do well (as reps AND as hostesses).

TIA!

liz.jewels
11-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Our party was this past Sunday. We pitched it as a Holiday Open House. No presentations - just come shop for the holidays. She set up in the dining room, and I set up in the kitchen, and we walked people through the house as they came in and showed them the different vendors (we also included a Mary Kay rep). I had a 2 minute overview I gave each person who stopped at my table and we let them shop and eat without much intervention or fuss on our parts. As vendors, we also all shopped each other, so I spent $50 at the Mary Kay booth.

It went great! I had $700 in jewelry sales, and she had $500 in tastefully simple sales. She earned about $200 in free jewelry (plus a ring and half-priced item) and I earned $50 in free product and a half-priced item from TS. We are thinking of making it an annual event!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1