WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trulyfreereadings.com

ashliew
10-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Here is my new website trulyfreereadings.com What do you think of the domain name. I originally choose it because I want to offer a free monthly drawing to get more visitors. I will be doing that shortly once I get the blog and the other blogs I am planning on doing ready. What do you think of the design and everything else? Do you find anything confusing? Any tips for the website would be nice. I am adding the site to a few directories and will be able to add it to a few blog directories once I have a few blogs going.

If anyone once to exchange links with me or knows of any good link exchanges let me know.

DougC
10-14-2011, 07:10 AM
A domain name should match the site and yours is so deceptive. Trulyfreereadings offers just a chance at 1 person a month getting 1 free reading the rest have to pay. Now how is that trulyfree???? Trulyfreereadings would all be free yet you already have the Paypal buttons up to collect money.

Shame for using a trick domain name to lure people in. Remember Karma. It's people like you using deceptive and false advertising that give the rest of us honest business people a bad name. Thanks alot.

ashliew
10-14-2011, 08:00 AM
A domain name should match the site and yours is so deceptive. Trulyfreereadings offers just a chance at 1 person a month getting 1 free reading the rest have to pay. Now how is that trulyfree???? Trulyfreereadings would all be free yet you already have the Paypal buttons up to collect money.

Shame for using a trick domain name to lure people in. Remember Karma. It's people like you using deceptive and false advertising that give the rest of us honest business people a bad name. Thanks alot.

my site is different in the fact that all new customers to the site get a free reading and a chance to win a free reading every month. It is also different in the way that the readings are not automated in anyway. Not to mention most big name psychic companies that supposedly offer free readings do the same thing.

I also give away free minutes on keen for every reading I do. I would not make any money if it where completely free. Nothing is ever completely free.

I don't think the domain name is deceptive because I don't ask for credit card information and there is no obligation for anyone to buy. There are free services on the site and paid services on the site.

murdoch
10-17-2011, 04:20 AM
To some extent you appear tobe right but using the word truly will always remain their to confuse users of your service. Your service model lets the users try and test the value of your reading to pay for in the future. I liked your website service model but it could have done much better without truly free words in the domain name. Anyway since you have already cleared your free service rules it some what make up for the loss.

wilmamiller32
10-19-2011, 07:54 AM
thanks for inf.
http://www.cuinsurance.org/6.jpg http://www.cuinsurance.org/2.jpg http://www.cuinsurance.org/3.jpg

SmartChic
10-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Personally I'm not generally interested in having any kind of readings done but when I glanced over the forum, it peaked my interest. I think your website domain name is very, very misleading. When I look at the domain name the first thing that came to mind was a "free reading". Once I got to your site, I realized that you really don't give away free readings to people, "per-say". You only give one reading per customer. So somewhat your domain is true and somewhat its not. That is what makes it misleading.

Free readings is not the basis of your business.. it is only a feature that you are adding to your site. You should never name your site base on a monthly drawing or a one-time offer for new customers. It should be name based on your overall service and the monthly drawing should just be an incentive or bonus to visitors.

I understand your marketing idea, but its not a good one and its unethical. Your visitors are going to be very unhappy and are going to feel mislead. Personally from a "visitor" stand point, that is how I felt.

I would suggest you change your domain name to something else.

As always, the choice is yours.

ashliew
10-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Good advice. Most people are not upset at all they just want the free reading. Most people probably will ignore the paid options unless they really like me. Luckily no one is really abusing the site either. The site is not my main source of income just an added income stream. I set it up the way I did to limit the free request I get from the site. Otherwise I would be over loaded. I think the site will add enough value eventually to add up for any supposed "deception." I just thought the domain was more catchy than anything because most sites that let you have a free reading are either marketing or the reading is animated.

DougC
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
The deception you are practicing is gong to come back to bite you in the a..... It's called karma. You think people won't abuse your free readings? haha, trust me they will. How do I know? Because I deal with it on a daily basis. My site does not have "free" in it but we do offer new customers a free 6-minute reading. We did it the right way.

ashliew
10-23-2011, 02:31 PM
The deception you are practicing is gong to come back to bite you in the a..... It's called karma. You think people won't abuse your free readings? haha, trust me they will. How do I know? Because I deal with it on a daily basis. My site does not have "free" in it but we do offer new customers a free 6-minute reading. We did it the right way.

It is funny how angry you are at my so called deception. You must be extremely jealous of me and something I am doing as you keep coming back and posting in my forum. As you already know free is not a business model. A business is there to make money. Your site could never have free in it because it is a hub of psychics that I am sure over charge for there services. It is silly that someone like you that claims to be the site owner which I am sure makes millions a year of a business like that takes the time to come slam me more than once at that. You have been accused many times of shady business practices and in fact it is all over the net for people to see. How do you feel about that?

khakigirl
10-23-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm not going to comment on your domain choice but I will say this, all of your posts are now linked to that domain name. Anytime anyone googles "Trulyfreereadings.com", they will find this thread and see how you reacted to a little bit of criticism. You might want to think about that when "slinging mud" at other posters.

Now, if you DO want some constructive criticism and ideas on how to improve upon your idea and make your domain seem more appropriate for your business, let me know.

ashliew
10-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not going to comment on your domain choice but I will say this, all of your posts are now linked to that domain name. Anytime anyone googles "Trulyfreereadings.com", they will find this thread and see how you reacted to a little bit of criticism. You might want to think about that when "slinging mud" at other posters.

Now, if you DO want some constructive criticism and ideas on how to improve upon your idea and make your domain seem more appropriate for your business, let me know.

I would not mind hearing what you have to say. And actually I was completely slammed it was not just a "lil" bit of anything. You have a right to your own opinions about how I reacted but I think considering I started this thread in a place where I thought I would get more support and my character not only my business practices were slammed I could have reacted a lot different.

DougC
10-24-2011, 07:04 AM
It is funny how angry you are at my so called deception. You must be extremely jealous of me and something I am doing as you keep coming back and posting in my forum. As you already know free is not a business model. A business is there to make money. Your site could never have free in it because it is a hub of psychics that I am sure over charge for there services. It is silly that someone like you that claims to be the site owner which I am sure makes millions a year of a business like that takes the time to come slam me more than once at that. You have been accused many times of shady business practices and in fact it is all over the net for people to see. How do you feel about that?

I am angry because it's people like you who deceptive advertising that ruins it for us honest people trying to help others. You are right, free is not a business model so why then would you attack my psychics for charging? They do NOT overcharge, they are worth what they are charging. I may have been accused of shady business practices but to date none of those accusations have been proven because they were FALSE. I have both psychics and customers that have been with me for over 8 years and that doesn't happen to a company using shady business practices. I run and honest and open business.

And while we are on the subject of shady business practices, at least I don't "bait" customers with hopes of all free readings and then "switch" to charge them. By the way, that is not just deceptive, it's ILLEGAL. Many a store has been sued for bait and switch.

ashliew
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
I am angry because it's people like you who deceptive advertising that ruins it for us honest people trying to help others. You are right, free is not a business model so why then would you attack my psychics for charging? They do NOT overcharge, they are worth what they are charging. I may have been accused of shady business practices but to date none of those accusations have been proven because they were FALSE. I have both psychics and customers that have been with me for over 8 years and that doesn't happen to a company using shady business practices. I run and honest and open business.

And while we are on the subject of shady business practices, at least I don't "bait" customers with hopes of all free readings and then "switch" to charge them. By the way, that is not just deceptive, it's ILLEGAL. Many a store has been sued for bait and switch.

It is not a bait and switch because I am not having them give me there financial info and then all the sudden start charging them. It is clear on the front page and in any advertising that I do that not all services are free. Also I do give out more than 1 free reading a month. I give out as many as my time allows. That may have not been clear. I can't be sued if I am 100% clear about what I will and won't do.

DougC
10-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Maybe you should have looked up what "bait and switch" meant before you embarrassed yourself. Bait and switch is when someone offers something at a set price and when the customer arrives says it's out of stock or damaged and switches to a higher price replacement item. That is EXACTLY what you are doing.... Trulyfreereadings.com baits people to your site where they may get a free reading but not free readingsS, you switch and charge them. This has nothing to do with getting their financial info. Now had you called your site trulyfreereading.com we wouldn't be having this long discussion.

ashliew
10-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Maybe you should have looked up what "bait and switch" meant before you embarrassed yourself. Bait and switch is when someone offers something at a set price and when the customer arrives says it's out of stock or damaged and switches to a higher price replacement item. That is EXACTLY what you are doing.... Trulyfreereadings.com baits people to your site where they may get a free reading but not free readingsS, you switch and charge them. This has nothing to do with getting their financial info. Now had you called your site trulyfreereading.com we wouldn't be having this long discussion.

More like up selling or cross selling which is legal. I don't switch and charge anyone. It clearly states what I do on the front page. There is no obligation for anyone to do anything. Seriously if your business is such a success I would not think you had time to continuously insult me. It is sad that you keep insulting me and you have not given me any advice like this thread called for.

DougC
10-25-2011, 10:45 AM
A few of us have been trying to give you advice, no one is insulting you. I'm sure you are a very nice person, just not really up on business and advertising.

I'll pray for you.

Doug

ashliew
10-25-2011, 11:06 PM
A few of us have been trying to give you advice, no one is insulting you. I'm sure you are a very nice person, just not really up on business and advertising.

I'll pray for you.

Doug

I think it would actually be best to switch domain names considering the direction I want the site to go it. i will be doing that soon.

Gin33a44
10-26-2011, 06:39 PM
To some extent you appear tobe right but using the word truly will always remain their to confuse users of your service. Your service model lets the users try and test the value of your reading to pay for in the future. I liked your website service model but it could have done much better without truly free words in the domain name. Anyway since you have already cleared your free service rules it some what make up for the loss.
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/1.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/2.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/6.jpg

murdoch
10-28-2011, 05:24 AM
@Gin33a44 Hi Mr. Copycat! Can't you find your own words to express your mind? :(

This world is so much filled with funny people, who can't find fault with own bad acts than others.

murdoch
10-28-2011, 05:34 AM

Do you really think comments like-
The deception you are practicing is gong to come back to bite you in the a..... It's called karma.
Falls in constructive criticism category. To me it appears more of abuse thing than anything else. A productive advice or criticism asks for noble comments.

KayMaxim
10-29-2011, 01:09 PM
The traditional way to do a squeeze page, which is what you have... is to have a large title on top, focusing on something that people would respond to emotionally, presenting a problem perhaps.... then a sentence or so under it that gives a solution, again emotional words... and then bullet points, pointing out what you have to offer...such as if you xxx then this is for you.

Put in your opt in form next to the bullet points.

Keep it all really simple.

Leave out the visa, etc. logos on the bottom. Since you are promoting a free give away. It is too soon to bring up any reference to money.

For instance you could say in large font... Are You Sick And Tired Of Not Getting Solutions To Your Problems?
Then smaller font... If You Want Direction In Your Life, Then This Is For You.
Then bullet points and even smaller font...
If you are tired of struggling in the dark, then let me help you.
If you want to know answers to the mysteries of your life, .....
If you have always wanted to try a psycic reading but didn't want to spend the money...

Maybe 4 to 5 of these bullet points and then in the opt in section, put Get your FREE psychic reading now.

Check out your successful competiton. I am sure you can come up with better emotional words than I can.

Good luck my dear in your new biz.

KayMaxim
10-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Good point on the domain name, but come on... be kind to someone who is just starting out with internet marketling. She DID ask you your advice. Just give your advice nicely without assuming bad motives. She is just learning.:rolleyes:

DougC
10-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Assuming bad motives? How much more blatant could it have gotten.

This thread should really close. The person that opened it, in her last post, made it sound like she would do the right thing and I believe she will. Let's not keep kicking a dead horse.

Suzanne82
11-17-2011, 08:37 PM
A domain name should match the site and yours is so deceptive. Trulyfreereadings offers just a chance at 1 person a month getting 1 free reading the rest have to pay. Now how is that trulyfree???? Trulyfreereadings would all be free yet you already have the Paypal buttons up to collect money.http://www.changshengniaos.info/jh2.jpg
http://www.changshengniaos.info/2.jpg

WardenofMagick
12-05-2011, 02:00 AM
I've been to your site, and I don't understand its' purpose. The reading process, how to get/purchase a reading, is not explained. If I am going to give out my contact information for anything, I like to know what I'm getting before I fill in my personal details, including my email address. I see no reason to visit trulyfreereadings.com again because what can I do there? There's nothing for me to read, learn, or do. Add content, flesh out the site some. You are losing a lot of visitors to your site by not laying it out and explaining its' purpose clearly to your visitors. Additionally, your bio page is not very personal, you want it to be inviting not limiting. Your clients don't have a name to call you.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1