WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Selling from China

msinglynx
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey there WAHMs. I'm an expat student (learning Chinese) in a part of China best known for it's (amazing) spicy food. Since I've been here I've noticed a real trend to entrepreneurship amongst my classmates and I'd love to get in on the action. I'm planning to import some "high class" products that I've found are hard to get here but I also want to export the many awesome/amazing/adorable/cheap things I've seen like odd foods and drinks, seasonings, soups, booze, clothes, kids toys and office supplies (hello kitty everything! tiny calligraphy pens!), cheap tech toys like head phones and flash drives and so many other awesome things.

BUT I dont know crap about selling on Ebay or even if there is a market for these kinds of goods. I have a US ebay account (dunno if there is a different cost for a chinese one) and a US paypal account and card and I've found a place to ship that wont cost a fortune. So, question is, is there a market? Where can I find out more on marketing and selling?

And most importantly, anyone interested in being the stateside wo/man in this operation? I might need to buy bulk amount of some things (say type of coffee) and have them shipped here and it would help a lot to have some one in the US willing to find the cheapest source, etc. Obviously I would pay that person as well as pay for the product and we'd have to test it beforehand just to make sure it all goes well (ie, I get my product and you your pay).

If things go well I'd like to start at the end of November, in time for the Christmas holiday, giving myself enough time to get things shipped over by Christmas. But I'd reeeeally love to know what any of you think would be the best products. I'm leaning towards cheap weird food at the moment.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1