WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : auction questions

amez1974
05-12-2006, 08:16 AM
hi everyone,

I've been buying and selling on ebay (and yahoo)for several years, but I would really like to step it up. I've been working part-time outside the home and bringing home about $550 a month. I'm trying to determine how much time and money I would need to invest in auctioning to make $500-550 a month. Any ideas? I've gotten lists of wholesalers, I'm looking into getting a bus. license for Ohio and I'm saving some money. I'm currently working 20 hours a week, so I'm defintiely willing to commit atleast that many hours to auction stuff (ordering, listing, packaging etc). I'm thinking maybe $500 investment in clothing and electronics--should I be looking at more to get up and running quicker or would that be a good start.

I've sold all my stuff around the house--and I'm not sure visiting yard sales would be a good use of my time (3 young children). there are no resale shops in my area, so I'm thinking just buying wholesale stuff would be the best way to go. Please let me know what works for you and what you think of my above plan. I've got 62 positive feedback 100% so I've got a good start on my account.

thanks so much

Amy

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1