WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ebay Shipping Question

Jenna2k
10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
I just recently started selling on Ebay again, the 1st time in about ten years believe it or not (There's all this different stuff now!) Anyways I've been over analyzing all the shipping options and was wondering which you guys think is best for the fastest delivery for the lowest price in general

also if anyone knows a good usps shipping chart thing is I'd really appreciate it. I tried to find one myself through google but I keep ending up in circles.

slgideon
10-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi,

Everything you need to ship your product you will find on eBay. You can get all of your shipping supplies for free from both eBay AND the USPS, it wont cost you a dime. The cheapest way to ship (this depends on what your shipping of course) is media mail, I also use the flat rate boxes quite a bit too, they come in several different sizes and ship from 4.95 up to 14.95 and as the slogan states "if it fits, it ships" meaning if it fits in the box and weighs less than 70 pounds it ships for that price. If you need help finding the info let me know and Ill happily send you the links.

Sheryl:)

Jenna2k
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
That would be awesome if you could I sent you a PM just in case you don't see my reply here for some reason I can't tell when anyone replys to anything I post x.x

lovinmy4D's
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Well I have a nieve question. What is media mail? I thought it was simply shipping electronics. But must not be.

Wandering
10-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Well I have a nieve question. What is media mail? I thought it was simply shipping electronics. But must not be.

According to the USPS web site, media mail is: "A cost-effective way to send books and other educational media. Some restrictions apply," and takes 2 to 8 days for delivery.

Here are the restrictions, from the usps web site:

•The material sent must be educational media. It can’t contain advertising, video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind.

• Media Mail can be examined by postal staff to determine if the right price has been paid. If the package is wrapped in a way that makes it impossible to examine, it will be charged the First-Class rate.

•Maximum weight is 70 lbs.

• Maximum combined length and girth of 108". Meaning it can’t be larger than the combined measurement of the longest side and the distance around the thickest part.

Hope that helps. :)

Iowamomto4
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
It really depends on the items and size. Sometimes USPS is a rip off, and I think Ebay rates are higher too through Paypal than if you do your own labels online. We run our items through UPS, USPS and local courier. If an item weighs less than 13 ounces it can go first class and that is always the cheapest. We invested in two size scales, and have dozens of box and envelope sizes. We ship out about 200 items minimum every month and even .25 per package makes a difference. Sometimes the difference is $4 or more.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1