WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Empathetic Heart

Springing
10-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Hello, nice to meet you. I am hoping to start Keen first of the year. Do you have any quick advice or do's and dont's? I really dont understand the bidding, groups and placements. Is any of that necessary? I am not interested in joining a group. Hope I am not bugging you. Thanks!!!!:)

EmpathicHeart
10-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Everybody does Keen differently, the way I do it is I keep my pricedown around $2min, I basically ignore all Groups, don't use the Chat, Bidding is pretty essential, but I don't like to bid $1 click or more at any time...I don't worry about being in the top ten readers, I'm happy to be a few pages back. Start with a low price and people will try you out no matter how low you bid, but you still have to bid something to show up where people can see you. Right now I'm bidding about .50c a click and I'm staying busy, I rarely spend more than $3 or $4 total on clicks in a day, referrals and repeats are the majority of my calls.

When you adjust your clicks they give you a table that shows how many people clicked and how many placed a paid call. If you're getting a new caller every 2 or 3 clicks you're doing good. If it's worse, I'd think about redoing your page or your titles, etc. to see what's tuning them off.

People will beg you for free minutes, and my policy is if a new person I've never heard of sends me a letter saying how wonderful I am and begging for free mins, I ignore them all and their sad stories. These people send out 50 letters at a time to 50 readers at a time and they freebie hop. But if someone places a call with me, I give them three mins that weekend, if they left written feedback I give them 5, and anytime a paying caller mentions money problems I'll shoot them 5 or 10 free mins. Take care of the people who've spent money with you. Never send mass mailings for every little thing, drives people nuts and makes you look like a boneseller.

Use the blogs, but don't obsess over them. People do read them but they're not a big center of attention. Post announcements there and include articles only if they're really special, or something personal you've done yourself. People can read cut-and-pasted self help anywhere, the blog should say something about you.

I've helped start three people on Keen who seem to be successful now, one of them is a long time caller charging much more than I do and stays very busy, I'm envious of the money, but I like playing it lowball, the rich people who relax and chat for an hour and leave tips make up for the people who want everything fixed with $5 in their account.

One thing I've stood by is telling whatever I get, good or bad, and telling it boldly, but at the same time be prepared for people who absolutely don't want to hear it, and their feedback will reflect it. I've heard some readers argue convincingly that some people are calling for hope, not truth, and they're right...but I figure I'm paid to turn over cards, say whatever impressions or images come to mind, remind them I can be wrong, do a lot of listening and leave them stronger than what I found them, and that's it, that's my job. I tend to be right more often than I'm not, and if a crazy notion comes into my head, I might as well spill it, that's always the shocker that convinces them.

One thing I'm always having to remind myself, is that some people want all the answers, bang...and you have to learn how to spill your mind in a hurry. But when people who call want to talk, even if you've got a vision rom heaven, put your teeth together and let them talk. It's not just that it means a longer call more $, people who want to talk get really ticked if they don't think you're listening and sharing in what they're feeling. Let them finish, share in what they're feeling, then deal with the outcome and the best path for them.

That's all I got right now, take what helps, flush the rest ;^)

Springing
10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I cannot thank you enough! The info is really going to help me understand and I am sure be very helpful to others. A wealth of information, I am so glad you are here! :p

murdoch
10-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Yesh that's a good wealth of information for a newbie. Just be user friendly is the main catch I see in it. The more one take cares of it's customer the more are chances that the said person flourishes in his business.

tomboard
10-08-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks so very much, Joe! Your empathic heart is a beautiful thing to behold! I'm blessed to call you my friend and I wish I could express to you how very much this means.

WAHMBrenda
10-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Can you do readings via chat only with Keen? Or is there another site you'd recommend for this?

murdoch
10-13-2011, 06:29 AM
You can give Keen(meaning they are not that bad for it) a try otherwise there are many other sites offering such kind of services today.

coachkat
12-21-2011, 09:03 AM
yes, like liveperson.com and bitwine.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1