WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Education Field Trips or events

rhonda_wahm
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know a good place to find Education Field Trips or places that may be educational trips to take our children. I am researching some trips for our school INCA which is an online public school. As well as for myself and some other parents wanting to add some other events into the school year for our children.

RH Texas Gal
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Research your local museums, wildlife parks, factories, ranches, farms, etc. and I bet you will find a wealth of information for tours, especially for homeschoolers. I am not sure where you live but there are many opportunities if you know where to look.

My kids have been on a tour of a local ice cream factory; taken classes at the local science museum, gone on hikes at the nearby state park with park rangers and have even toured the local city hall and attended a city council meeting. Local police stations and fire houses also offer tours for kids too. My kids thought being locked up in "jail" was cool until they discovered that going to the bathroom was a rather public affair!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1