WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Do You Network?

TastefullyMI
09-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Do you belong to any local networking groups? Just curious. :)

KristinaD
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I went to my first women's networking event last Friday and got a lead of an expo which I will be doing in November! :) whu hoo! :) The only catch to this networking group is the $40/year (i think) fee.

LynnAndreske
09-27-2011, 03:58 AM
YES! Absolutely.

I have 2 local groups that meet once per month. Women business owners and women in business. We have a light meal, featured speaker from the community and then 3 minutes to showcase our business.

I also network with other home business professionals as often as I can to find out what is working in their business, offer mine, find out where events/booth opportunites might be coming up.

I try to donate to many local charities and fundraisers, etc. It puts me in contact with a lot more people, and honestly if just plain feels good to help out.

Beyond that I try to meet as many local behind the counter associates at businesses that I frequent..you never know who they know who just might need ME!

TastefullyMI
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
LOVE to see folks getting out there and making things happen! Way to go, ladies. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1