WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Joined Watkins

jan8022
09-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi, everyone (especially Bianca and Lamonica)

I did end up joining Watkins a couple of weeks ago (the Summit Group). While I'm still finding my way around, I compared a bunch of companies, and given my passion for home and body care, plus being eco-minded, and I am a home cook, I thought this fit my passions as well.

On the business side, I do like their "however you want to sell is okay with us" (pretty much) attitude. As a person who's worked in entrepreneurial companies my whole life and who's had her own service business, I appreciate that they encourage people to do their thing, although they will advise you that they've tried it all and are giving us the best way to do things.

Although I'm most interested in building an online business, I'm starting very slowly. I didn't even order a website yet. What I've done is place a personal order with some samples, make a notebook with printouts of the catalog (I did get one in my package, although they are on back order), order forms, specials, etc. and will start talking it up and handing out samples. Do love all the downloadable stuff available.

So, if anyone has any good tips for when you started out, bring 'em on!!! Thanks so much

--Janice

bianca5454
09-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Janice,
Congratulations and Welcome! You will love being a part of the Watkins family as well as the Summit group. The Summit group is loaded with wonderful ideas, and yes, the free downloads are wonderful.

It sounds as though you are off to a great start. Keep your list close by and keep adding names of folks you know or come in contact with, as well as a list of different ventures you'd like to try. This is a great time of year to consider a craft & vendor show too! :)

WAHMInSoCal
10-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Janice,

Welcome to Watkins :)
It's nice to meet you.

Congratulations, have fun
and enjoy your new business.

Teresa

safyre
10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I printed up some flyers to place around town where I can... and I also had a festival I wanted to have some catalogs for so I asked my upline. They were able to hook me up very quickly - they are awesome!
I also printed out some of my own business cards to leave around and plan on placing some ads in the the newspaper. I'm in a fairly rural area though so our ads locally & in neighboring towns are fairly inexpensive.
TSG has a training video dedicated to posting on craigslist... and wow, there really is a lot on the TSG site to get you going - not only documents but recordings of their conference calls that are full of ideas.

Speaking of which, the call next Thursday is specifically for new associates, I encourage you to call and listen in!

Laura

jan's-naturals
10-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi Janice, welcome to the Summit Team

Make sure and take advantage of all the opportunities The Summit Group offers.
These are amazing people who really know what they are doing.

Watkinize your home as soon as possible, that is one of the best ways to learn about your products. These are amazing products that are so good for you. Turning your home into a natural environment will be so rewarding.

Good luck, hope to meet up with you on some of the Thursday night conference calls.

Jan

The Watkins Man
10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Congratulations and Welcome!

DeeBishop
10-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm another newbie with the Summit Group as well! Just joined this week. I love the info available on the TSG site and am slowly working through a lot of it. Looking for ideas on how to start from scratch. I've been in direct sales before, and in business for myself for years (I'm a full-time writer), but it's been awhile since I've sold products.

Hubby and I hope to work together on this, but we don't know a lot of people locally (we've moved around a lot and only been in our house here for about a year). It's hard to know how to start. I'd love to do home parties, I've always enjoyed that, but don't even know who to ask. Looking forward to learning from all you pros!

bianca5454
10-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Dee,
Welcome to the Watkins family! :)

DeeBishop
10-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi Dee,
Welcome to the Watkins family! :)

Thank you! I'm excited about it!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1