WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : eBay/Craigslist Templates?

Fernando37
09-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Should I use templates to do my listings. I think they make the items look more professional but I was wondering if it was really neccessary. I know Use . com does free image hosting AND templates and some sites charge. I doubt I need to pay for this service but I was curious if anyone else paid for services like this or use them at all.

slgideon
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I do use the decorative templates on eBay. I change them up depending on what Im selling, I also use different fonts and colors in my auctions. Its all free on eBay but Auctiva does now charge so Ive stopped using them entirely. The most important thing to me on any auction is always going to be the pictures so I always put several pics from all angles in each auction and be very accurate, honest and descriptive in your write ups.

Good luck!
Sheryl

mrswahm
10-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Here is a great tool to help you with any HTML 'tweaking' of templates. It's a practice board where you can insert html code, or snippets of code and then see how it will appear in a browser...I've been using this for years

HTML practice (http://www.practiceboard.com/)

angel4545
11-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I use a site called Auction Listing Resource to create html for my template borders, and I use Photo Bucket to upload my pictures.. Hope this helps.

angel4545
11-20-2011, 08:41 AM
It wouldn't let me put the sites in the last post. I use a site called www.auctionlistingresource.com to create html for my template borders, and I use www.photobucket.com to upload my pictures.. Hope this helps.

nbfbaw
09-11-2012, 07:34 AM
I do not use a template. I try to take the best picture to show everything wonderful and any possible flaw. I never saw a difference in my sales either way. As long as you have a great title , good clear pictures, describe your item correctly you should be fine.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1