WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Amazon.com

mommyof2tobe
05-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Does anyone sell their items on amazon.com? If so could you please pm me I have a few questions to ask.

Kevin Peterson
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM
I currently sell items though Amazon Marketplace, Advantage, and eBooks through Lightningsource.

Feel free to PM me, or ask your questions here for all to benefit

homesheart
05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Hopefully, you will ask here,

I am curious to read the thread.

Thanks,

Charisse

Kevin Peterson
05-10-2006, 02:01 PM
As a preview, I will say that 'selling your items on Amazon.com' is a pretty broad statement.

There are different ways to make money from Amazon:

Amazon Associates - Links to Amazon products on your website. You get @ 4% of all sales generated.

Amazon Marketplace - You sell your own used books on Amazon (i.e, where you see '16 used and new available for...' on a book listing.

Amazon Auctions - Auctions. I don't hear much about people using this..

Amazon ZShops - Sort of an eBay store. Ditto above about popularity

Amazon Advantage - Sell the books you write on Amazon. They order what they think they will sell (1 or 2 to start), you ship them to Amazon, and they show up in Amazon's listings.

mommyof2tobe
05-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Its my DH who is selling on amazon and well he had himself an interesting email stating that one of the items he was selling was bought but when he went into look at his account the money wasnt there. But he also recieved an email from the supposed buyer who wanted him to ship this product to Nigeria?! To me it has scam written all over it and he has sent an email in regards to that on amazon. The question is does this happen often on there with new sellers?

Kevin Peterson
05-11-2006, 07:19 AM
I've never had this happen to me before, but it is most definitely a scam. If there's no record of it on Amazon, there was never a transaction.

Was this a high-value item?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1