WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Polish Pottery Stoneware

rebeccasmeals
09-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I am excited to share that after 10 years of dreaming, I have become my own business owner!
I am not sure what thread this would go in - as it is not a direct sales company - yet I am a home/kitchen type company:).

Anyone a military wife who shares their same love of polish pottery like me?

More Polish Pottery - was created this summer! Then name was inspired as when I used to go to Poland with my military wife friends - we always ended up wtih 'more polish pottery'. Even the german movers made a comment on how much I had. I use the pottery at all my functions at my home to include the special events I hosted. Everyone always commented on how beautiful they are.

I have been in direct sales for 8+ years before my previous employer closed their doors. Before I knew they were closing, I had plans to start importing pottery from Poland. I started using it from 1998-2001 as a military wife and I have always wanted to start my own businss. And, always decided to merge with my new company: Tastefully Simple. So needless to say, it has been a busy summer for our family. Lot's of changes.

This year, we moved to our new home and we were able to open our shop on site. It's been 10 years since we moved back to the USA and I am excited to finally start this new chapter of our family life.

It's a bit tougher doing all the leg-work as a sole propieter busienss owner. Yet, it is exciting! We are expanding and hope to get known throughout Chicagoland, Illinois, and the midwest.

Curious? Or perhaps interested in seeing what Polish pottery is?
Check out my facebook or website.

Facebook: More Polish Pottery
'More Polish Pottery'- Big Rock, IllinoisProviding Polish Pottery throughoutChicagoland and theNorthern Midwest States - Home (http://www.morepolishpottery.com)

Thanks for allowing me to share!

mommy2005
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Great job, Rebecca! I've always loved Polish Pottery and one of my army wife friends introduced it to me. I've always loved the color blue and I was drawn to this immediately. I visited your website and it is nicely done. Once I get some extra money, you'll be getting an order from me!

Way to chase your dream!

udesignit
09-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Great! I love Polish pottery as well. I see a few pieces here and there but not too many choices are available.

rebeccasmeals
10-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I have over 2000 pieces in stock. I just haven't had a chance to get items on my website yet as we been slammed! It has been an amazing first 120 days and already expanding further into Illinois and beyond.

If you are looking for specific shapes/pieces, just let me know. I have the patterns listed - but just received another truckload. We ahve such a busy season right now that I probably won't get my website more up and going till winter.

Yet, I am shipping throughout the USA. You can pick a pattern and I can share wtih you many shapes, pieces, etc. We have shipped to many states and have had visitors even from Michigan come to Illinois to visit.

I am unveeiling our new winter pieces from Ceramika Artstyczna this Sunday at my open house.

I don't know if I mentioned facebook site. Search: More Polish Pottery.
There are some pieces for sale on that site. I woudl just contact the customer and let them know actual shipping costs. Hope I can add more pieces closer to Thanksgiving.. But for now, just trying to keep up with the demand between email and face to face orders.

Thanks for all the kind words! I didn't realize that starting a business would also involve becoming a on-line expert...but have loved every minute of it!

I am living a dream!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1