WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Help?

erika_black11
08-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Hello, I am a wife of the AF and stranded in a run-down town...There are no job oppurtunities out here and I have even searched online to find work. All the companies that I could work from home...does not have my state listed. I don't have money to start up my own little job (hence the desperately looking for a job). Does anyone know of any jobs that I can work from home that will not require a hard line phone? I am hearing-impaired and it's hard enough finding something out there that will work with me. I have even looked into text operator positions, I can't seem to find anything. So if anyone knows of anything, please let me know? Thank you for reading this post.

*In*2*Win*
08-28-2011, 09:00 AM
My heart goes out to you!
At least when my dh was in the AF they werent run down towns... just always far away from family (oh was I homesick)

Are your family and friends in other states?

Bonnie

jj1983
08-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Companies like west at home, and butler hill group typically hire in most states for some position. BHG is nonphone. I would also try leapforce and lionsbridge!!!

Welcome to the page btw!

Amy Jacobs
09-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Welcome to wahm!

Try the telecommuting moms folder above new job leads are posted daily :)

Wishing you much success ~Amy

IceMustang
09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
You could always try posting some gigs at Fiverr and seeing if anybody picks up your services. It's not steady income or anything like that but it certainly works. Alternatively, you could watch a kid at your house.

sue311
09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
You can also check out this website Work Place Like Home (http://www.workplacelikehome.com). Good luck.