WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hoping ALL My Silpada Sistas Are

robynec
08-27-2011, 11:13 AM
All okay? If any of you are in the hurricanes way please stay safe.
Thoughts are with you all:)

blingslinger
08-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Me too, Robyn!! Thinking of all my Silpada sisters who are in the path of the hurricane! BE SAFE!!! HUGS!

liz.jewels
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks ladies! Those of us in our area (Pa, Md, De, NJ) are taking the opportunity of being stuck in our homes to try to book fall shows, trying to catch all of our hostesses and customers at home.

Just today, I got two home parties and two book parties, and I got three home parties yesterday.

We're having a booking contest and I came in 2nd place last time with 7 parties, so I'm determined to get more so that I can win this time!!! There's also an award for whomever gets the most "no" responses. I've gotten a few of those too, but have many ambiguous ones because I left a LOT of messages today!

So as you can see, I'm not letting Irene cramp my style or slow down my business!!!

robynec
08-27-2011, 09:29 PM
LOL you go Liz.
Making the best of the downtime is awesome...
Great job on all your bookings:)

liz.jewels
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
We lost power Sunday morning, so I couldn't book any more, but I think I did pretty well! Hoping those phone messages will pay dividends and help me get my goal: SRAT.

I need two recruits and $10k more PCV. I have a few recruit prospects I'm working on, and with 6 home parties and 2 book parties on the schedule, I will EASILY get the $10k PCV by February 28.

Going to focus on hostess coaching and follow up and not make any more calls this week. Once I have that underway, I'll make more calls and see if I can fill in a few more October dates. I work FT, so I have to prioritize - right now my priority is making these 8 shows the BEST EVER!!!

Actually...I think one of my book shows would make a good recruit prospect...have to chat with her about that! She's doing a book show because she was a real estate agent but biz was slow and she needed real income now, so she's working as a waitress and at Ann Taylor. With all that, it's hard for her to have an in-home show, but she thinks her coworkers and friends would love Silpada - she's constantly getting compliments on the pieces she purchased from me last year.

It's going to be a great fall!