WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Booking parties at your parties

liz.jewels
08-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Put the above named class to good work at my party tonight and actually got a booking at my party for the first time since August 2010. I still didn't ask every single person, but I got a lot closer and only got one definite "no."

blingslinger
08-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Congrats, Liz!! It took me going to my first National Conference to actually "get" that concept, LOL. Once I started asking everyone (and I DO ask everyone!), the bookings picked up! Many ladies might be tossing around the idea of doing a party, but more than likely, they're not going to offer to do one unless you ask! Here's to asking and many more bookings for you!

robynec
08-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Way to go Liz:)

cabimom
08-26-2011, 01:11 PM
At my convention I learned something similar and have been asking more people at my shows. So far I've booked at least one show and sometimes two from my shows I've had. I've got 3 for Sept and 3 for Oct so far.

BTW, CAbi sighting in Liz.jewels profile pic!! ;)

liz.jewels
08-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Haha! Nearly every day with me is a Cabi sighting!

Today, it's the Dot Tee from Spring 2010 paired with the tan linen Veranda skirt from Spring 2008 got complimented on it too!

cabimom
08-26-2011, 08:55 PM
I loved that top! I saw tons of your company's jewelry at my convention! I even wore some! :D I think a lot of the girls sell both lines-the clothes and your jewelry. We are allowed to sell jewelry along side our clothing, just not at our shows.

liz.jewels
08-27-2011, 05:54 PM
I knew you ladies weren't allowed to sell them at your shows, but I didn't know you were allowed to sell jewelry in addition to Cabi. That's really cool! I will have to mention that to my Cabi rep. Perhaps she'll be content to just refer customers to me, but if she wants the extra income, I certainly wouldn't mind having her as a downline!

And there was a TON of Cabi at the Silpada convention! I had fun trying to find pieces I recognized. Somehow, I'm missing a few of the seasonal books since I found Cabi back in Fall 2007, so it's hard for me to pick out everything. I even have a few pieces I forget are Cabi until I see the tag (just trousers - can tell with everything else for sure!).

udesignit
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Liz.jewels,

Great to hear that your parties are picking up. I guess once you get used to asking everyone at the party, it becomes second nature. I just purchased a few pieces from the Fall collection. The rep has been in the business for 4 years and had an open house. She sold a ton of jewelry. It goes to show you when you stay with a company for a few years, you can really build a good customer base. She is great with customer service and outreaching to her customers.

I am returning to a party plan model with the company I recently joined. I am going to follow the advice of other more seasoned folks this time. LOL

liz.jewels
09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Stella! Thanks so much for your encouragement. This is my second year with SD, and I'm starting to see good customer service pay off.

What pieces did you get from the new catalog? I'd love to hear about the pieces you bought and what you think!

And I'm so glad to hear that you love SD and have a wonderful local rep!!!

cabimom
09-02-2011, 01:07 PM
LIz, yes, it says right in our agreement that we are allowed to sell jewelry, but not any other accessory lines like scarves or handbags or of course clothes! I'm so happy about that!! And I have found that many CAbi and Silpada customers are very loyal to their brand!! :D

liz.jewels
09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
I sure am! LOL!

udesignit
09-02-2011, 05:17 PM
It is great to have company consultants that work together by wearing clothing or jewelry, etc. I learned about the local CAbi rep from my Silpada rep and went on a shopping spree this afternoon. It is the best way to shop in my opinion if you are looking for good customer service. Both companies are awesome!!!

liz.jewels
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Ooh, how fun Stella! What did you purchase?

blingslinger
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
We actually had a Cabi rep come to our Silpada team meeting! Very fun! She not only talked about the clothing, but a little about what colors you should wear and what styles worked on your body type.