WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Pricing Analysis

liz.jewels
08-24-2011, 05:33 PM
So, in my intro in the general section, I mentioned that I am a WOHM as well as a WAHM. By day, I'm a financial analyst.

So it's no suprise that on the flight home from conference, I whipped out my netbook and proceeded to analyze the pricing in the new catalog. Maybe it's more than you want/need to know, but I thought I'd share!

■22 pieces (and 6 additional accessories) are priced under $25
■131 pieces are priced between $25-$50 - that's a total of over 150 under $50
■109 pieces are priced between $50-$75 - that's a total of over 260 under $75 - more than half the catalog are $75 or below
■91 pieces are priced between $75-$100 - that's over 350 under $100
■67 pieces are priced between $100-$150
■22 pieces are priced between $150-$200
■18 pieces are priced between $200-$300
■6 pieces are over $300 - that's about 45 pieces over $150, which is only 10% of the catalog
Also, I looked by product type, so here are a few comments:

Anklets/toe rings: 2 under $25, all 8 are under $50

Bracelets: Most (about half) are in the $75-$150 price range, but there are bracelets in every one of the above price range

Earrings: Most (about half) are in the $25-50 range, and another third are in the $50-$75 range.

Necklaces: Also found in every price range, the most common price ranges are $75-$150, where more than half of the necklaces are priced. There are few more expensive than this type, but a decent amount in the lower price ranges.

Slide/Pin: Most are $50-$75

Ring: $50-$100 is the most common price range, with more than 60% of the products ralling into this range.

Watches The most common price range is $100-$150.

Hope you ladies find this helpful!

robynec
08-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes very much appreciated Liz thanks,
It is quiet amazing how SD is able to keep our prices down like they are and still have that SD look and feel.

liz.jewels
08-24-2011, 06:10 PM
I completely agree! I am really finding myself loving the pieces introduced in the current catalog year. While I loved some of the retired pieces, the new catalog just feels more unique and Silpada-ish in nature - in every price range. Plus, I can still put together a wide variety of looks for all price ranges - from my under $50 shoppers to my $300+ splurgers who say, "no, I don't want to get it free."

Glad you found it helpful!

blingslinger
09-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks, Liz! I have a great price comparison sheet I'd be happy to share. It shows Silpada vs. Tiffany's vs. Sundance. It's amazing how much lower Silpada prices are for very similar pieces of Tiffany's/Sundance. We use the same silver! Let me know if you'd like a copy. It's a really great tool to use at your parties (especially to overcome those "it's to expensive" objections)!

liz.jewels
09-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Ooh, I would love that. The comparison of Silpada's 21 bangle bracelet vs. Sundance's 9 bangle bracelet is a great one and the Silpada bead bracelet vs. Tiffany bead bracelet is another good one, but I would love to see what else you have! My email is my user name at verizon.net. Can you email it to me?