WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : God bless military spouses!

starbirdy66
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Can I just say that you are special men and women. I go crazy when my husband gets sent half-way around the world for the Navy (non-military) a few times a year, but he is never gone to the extent that the service men and women are. I think about you when he leaves and about the real sacrifices you have to make and how tough it must be on a marriage or for the kids.

Amy Jacobs
08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Can I just say that you are special men and women. I go crazy when my husband gets sent half-way around the world for the Navy (non-military) a few times a year, but he is never gone to the extent that the service men and women are. I think about you when he leaves and about the real sacrifices you have to make and how tough it must be on a marriage or for the kids.

Very well said :)

Thank you for all you sacrifice I know it cant be easy.

~Amy

Susan Holloway
08-20-2011, 08:27 PM
It's tough being a military spouse and often being left behind with a family and household to take care of. Thank you for your sacrifice :)!

~Susan~

GregPrice
10-09-2011, 08:16 AM
I can tell you from serving abroad that it was hard to leave my wife behind with the burden of carrying on with our responsibilities here at home. You have got to be a strong individual to see someone leave halfway around the world, with no knowledge of what he/she is doing, and carry on with everyday life here in this society.

LNent
10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I can tell you from serving abroad that it was hard to leave my wife behind with the burden of carrying on with our responsibilities here at home. You have got to be a strong individual to see someone leave halfway around the world, with no knowledge of what he/she is doing, and carry on with everyday life here in this society.

I retired from the Marine Corps back in Aug; This december is going to be our 14 year anniversary. She's still beaming and happy when I decided to retire. Of course I'm overwhelmed with so much time on my hands. Somewhat :(

Encouragement: Spouses I know it's tough but your day will come, just continue to be supportive and understanding. Before long you'll be running out the house leaving the kids behind for a little because the other half is Home... Finally! ;)

ashleyreida
10-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I am a military spouse. My husband has been in the Army for 13 years. He's currently recruiting so he's non-deployable but I've endured my share of deployments and other various separations due to trainings and school. It's not easy....and we really appreciate the support. It really uplifts my husbands soul when someone stops him and says, "Thank you for your service". Believe me, we dont' hear it enough. And when someone calls me strong, I'm not usually feeling strong at that moment but it helps keep me going knowing there are people that support us. So THANK YOU for thanking us!