WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Watkins vs Melaleuca?

DeannaAmber
08-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi all. I'm not looking to take on a new business venture. I'm currently head over heels with work and the two I have going on right now, but in about 2 years, I probably would take on a 3rd. I came to this board because I know there are a few *green* companies and after my sweetheart was complaining the other day about feeling sick and having a headache (after he helped clean the house --lucky me ;)) I am a BILLION percent positive I'm going *green* after I use up the rest of these cleaners. I, myself, have always felt ill when cleaning the house. I get nauseous and have a headache, but I never bought *green* stuff because it was a bit more pricey. I'm now at the point where I have a little extra money and want household stuff that isn't going to make me feel like junk. How are you guys different from the competition? Can someone buy stuff without having to buy a certain amount or sell it? Thanks! :)

LamonicaE
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi Dee,

I don't know much about Melaleuca but I would like to share more information about Watkins. When it comes to the business side of Watkins there are no quotas and no auto-ships. You can also join Watkins just to simply receive 25% off your orders and you won't be penalized for not building a business or selling.

When it comes to selling the products you are not required to sell a certain amount because you can also reach leadership levels when you personally use the products. There's a free group anyone can join called the Summit Group that actually teaches their members how a no selling required technique will help them to reach their financial goals simply based on their personal use of the companies product. That's the reason I joined the Summit Group because I really like the no selling required technique.

When it comes to their products Watkins will do whatever they can to make sure they are putting out good products. Watkins natural cleaning products have earned The Environmental Protections Agency's Designed for the Environment seal which means cleaning products that display the seal have been formulated using the safest ingredients for human and environmental health.

So based on what I told you can build your Watkins business at your own pace or you can join just to simply receive a 25% discount on the companies products.

Hopefully someone else can explain the difference between Watkins and Melaleuca

If you have anymore questions I will be glad to help you.

bianca5454
08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
LaMonica said it well! :)

I am not familiar with the Mela products and cannot comment based on actual product performance, but I can say that Watkins offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee - no matter what!

Since I joined Watkins more than 8 years ago, I switched my household cleaners over to the Watkins products (laundry detergent as well). It has made a huge difference in how all of us feel in the home without sacrificing performance.

As Lamonica stated, you can join Watkins to enjoy the personal discount and only purchase what you want when you need it. You may choose to build a business at any time during your membership (or not at all), and-or you may purchase products as a customer - try them out 100% money back guarantee of course. Then, decide if you want to be a customer, a member or a business builder.

HTH~ Keep us posted! :)

jlbear21
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Melaleuca has some terrific products, but after switching home based businesses, I no longer need a lot of the products I was purchasing on a monthly basis through Melaleuca and I started looking into Watkins to continue using green products. I have not personally used Watkins products yet, but have looked at them several times and like the idea of purchasing what I need/want when I need/want it rather than on a monthly basis - with Melaleuca, you must either purchase the products at full price, or become a Preferred Customer at 35 or 75 points and buy that much product each month, which just doesn't fit my needs anymore.

With that said, I can't wait to personally try Watkins products once I use up what I've got from Mela.

bianca5454
08-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Thank you Ashleigh!

It's nice to hear from the other side per se! We are here for you when you are ready to give Watkins products a try~ :)

MelissaC
08-21-2011, 11:49 PM
I can answer the Melaleuca side of things - There are several options:

1. You can pay to shop retail at any time.
2. You can pay a membership fee ($14.95 to the end of Aug 2011) and pay wholesale.
3. You can pay the membership fee & turn your shopping into a business.

There's a 60 day, empty bottle, money back guarantee. And shipping is based on the $$$ you spend, not the weight of your items.

When you're ready to compare prices, notice that the Melaleuca products are very concentrated and you'll use less than if you buy from Target/Wal-Mart/etc - that's how the savings come in.

milifestyle
08-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Would be nice to see Watkins open in Australia...

WAHMInSoCal
10-08-2011, 07:09 AM
I love Watkins household cleaners, we use them all the time...
This is a great company... ♥

purenatural
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I like Melaleuca products but you do have to have to order your quota each month according to my friend that sells it.

I like Watkins because there is no monthly quotas and you can sign up just to get your 25% off products.

I love Watkins green products and that is the biggest reason I signed up. I use the extracts and spices also.

Margaret

safyre
10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
We just started using the Watkins cleaners & love them.
The dish soap is great.
The All Purpose Cleaner smells great & cleans really well - and I just learned works well on laundry stains.
The toilet bowel cleaner, Tub & Tile Spray, Window cleaner - all are just awesome. They work just as well as any regular cleaner minus the fumes.
The liquid laundry soap is really good too. I tried it without softener (I've always been a softener junkie!) & everything came out nice & soft with a nice light scent. You don't need a lot of it either. It's been challenging for me to use what I think is very little but every load has been clean as a whistle! I haven't tried the powder yet but it's next on my list.

Definitely try them out, we won't use anything else now.

The Watkins Man
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
You might try doing a side by side product comparison to see for yourself which is better.

doug

DeannaAmber
10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone! Lamonica, I still have to buy dishwashing soap from you! :D

LamonicaE
10-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi Dee,

I hope you're doing well. I hope everyone was able to help you get a better understanding of the difference between Watkins and Melaleuca.

jan8022
10-29-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes, that's what I did. I picked a bunch of criteria, i.e., cost to join, inventory, commission, made in America, repeat biz, monthly requirement, stuff like that and compared 3 companies. As I feel the "made in America" part of a business will become increasingly important to people for economic reasons, and being eco-friendly for environmental reasons, plus having truly 100% natural products (not all, but most), Watkins was the winner. I love, love, love the products I've used so far, the scents are lovely, not artificial and harsh, they are effective, economical to use, and the fact that they are made here, not harmful to the environment makes me feel happy to sell the products. Pick the type of product you think you'd love to sell, choose 3 companies and just compare them as objectively as you can.

DeeBishop
10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I think everyone has pretty much answered your questions, but being familiar with both Mela and Watkins, I have to say that the thing I like best about Watkins is that you don't have to fulfill a quota. And you don't even have to sign up as an Associate to buy the products. You can be just a plain old Watkins customer and stay that way. :) Of course, you do get the 25% discount if you sign up, as someone mentioned, but that's not mandatory. In fact, I've been using Watkins products for YEARS and just this week signed up as an Associate.

Mela does make good products, but that auto-ship is a real problem for someone like me. It's my husband and me at home now. No little ones. And we can't use the products fast enough to justify that type program. That's a huge reason I chose Watkins, personally.

Good to hear you're going green, whichever way you go!

tereuts
05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I just want to jump in and say I switched from Watkins to Mela. I like Watkins products and still buy some of them, but I could find some of the exact products at my local Rite Aid and Walmart cheaper. I have never had a problems purchasing 35 points worth of Mela in a month and never felt I was buying things I didn't need. I easily spend $100 a month purchasing stuff my family uses every day - shampoo, vitamins, pain relievers, skin care, cosmetics, cereal, cookies, tea, chocolate, cleaners, and more.

jackiturner
05-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I am looking for someone to help me enroll as a Watkins Associate. If someone could please send me a private message so that I can join, I would appreciate it very much!!

bianca5454
05-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Hey jacki,
I will PM you. :)

Jannie
05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Who all are in the Summit Group (as this seems to be the best (or only?) to join up with)? Also please, in replying, mention where you are located. Wondering if Watkins runs specials on joining...how much it is to join, how much is a website (total upfront cost and then is it a monthly fee?)

Am checking into signing up as well but would also like to know if there are any limits/restrictions to be able to have one's own website which would include Watkins with any other products. Am also with Avon and they seem to be very picky in this regard. Is Watkins strict on having their advertising on websites also?

Please send me a private message.

Thanks in advance! :)

Jannie

bianca5454
05-29-2012, 01:34 PM
I am sending you a private message! :)

Who all are in the Summit Group (as this seems to be the best (or only?) to join up with)? Also please, in replying, mention where you are located. Wondering if Watkins runs specials on joining...how much it is to join, how much is a website (total upfront cost and then is it a monthly fee?)

Am checking into signing up as well but would also like to know if there are any limits/restrictions to be able to have one's own website which would include Watkins with any other products. Am also with Avon and they seem to be very picky in this regard. Is Watkins strict on having their advertising on websites also?

Please send me a private message.

Thanks in advance! :)

Jannie

OnceUponADollar
05-31-2012, 06:28 AM
I don't know anything about Watkins, but I have been a customer of Melaleuca since July 2001. Back then I was single living in an apartment and had no problems making the monthly purchase requirement, for the past 8 years I've been married and up until earlier this year, my husband and I both have had our own Melaleuca account (he joined before we decided to get married) and easily still met the quota on both accounts. Now we just order a lot more than the requirement on one account instead of paying shipping on two orders each month. My MIL has her own account, too.

We don't buy ANYTHING in the grocery store except for food and paper products. Everything else we use in our house comes from Melaleuca. My husband keeps Melaleuca products in his toolbox at work (he's a machinist) because he says they work (and smell) better than the commercial chemicals they buy for the shop guys to use. We have a 3 year old baby and we didn't have to buy all the extra "baby safe" products, like special detergent because Melaleuca products are safe and gentle enough for babies. We even use their all-purpose cleaner as a bug repellent directly on our skin when we go outside in our woods (and it gets rid of skunk smell on dogs!! THANK GOD!!! ROFL!).

I'm actually going a little nuts right now because I ran out of Mela shampoo & conditioner (forgot to add it to my order last month) and my hair is turning to straw with this grocery store junk I'm temporarily using. :-( Gonna be doing big time happy dances when my shipment arrives sometime between now and Saturday LOL

Anyways... if you have any questions, please feel free to message me, for some reason I don't always get notifications when someone replies to the forum threads :-(

~ Deni Cooper

Hi all. I'm not looking to take on a new business venture. I'm currently head over heels with work and the two I have going on right now, but in about 2 years, I probably would take on a 3rd. I came to this board because I know there are a few *green* companies and after my sweetheart was complaining the other day about feeling sick and having a headache (after he helped clean the house --lucky me ;)) I am a BILLION percent positive I'm going *green* after I use up the rest of these cleaners. I, myself, have always felt ill when cleaning the house. I get nauseous and have a headache, but I never bought *green* stuff because it was a bit more pricey. I'm now at the point where I have a little extra money and want household stuff that isn't going to make me feel like junk. How are you guys different from the competition? Can someone buy stuff without having to buy a certain amount or sell it? Thanks! :)

OnceUponADollar
05-31-2012, 06:30 AM
And this is a really old thread and I"m not sure why I just got a notification about it today ROFL!!!! /headsmack

I don't know anything about Watkins, but I have been a customer of Melaleuca since July 2001. Back then I was single living in an apartment and had no problems making the monthly purchase requirement, for the past 8 years I've been married and up until earlier this year, my husband and I both have had our own Melaleuca account (he joined before we decided to get married) and easily still met the quota on both accounts. Now we just order a lot more than the requirement on one account instead of paying shipping on two orders each month. My MIL has her own account, too.

We don't buy ANYTHING in the grocery store except for food and paper products. Everything else we use in our house comes from Melaleuca. My husband keeps Melaleuca products in his toolbox at work (he's a machinist) because he says they work (and smell) better than the commercial chemicals they buy for the shop guys to use. We have a 3 year old baby and we didn't have to buy all the extra "baby safe" products, like special detergent because Melaleuca products are safe and gentle enough for babies. We even use their all-purpose cleaner as a bug repellent directly on our skin when we go outside in our woods (and it gets rid of skunk smell on dogs!! THANK GOD!!! ROFL!).

I'm actually going a little nuts right now because I ran out of Mela shampoo & conditioner (forgot to add it to my order last month) and my hair is turning to straw with this grocery store junk I'm temporarily using. :-( Gonna be doing big time happy dances when my shipment arrives sometime between now and Saturday LOL

Anyways... if you have any questions, please feel free to message me, for some reason I don't always get notifications when someone replies to the forum threads :-(

~ Deni Cooper

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1