WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What are you auctioning today?

CammiB
08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Okay, maybe this will go over, maybe not, but I thought it might be helpful to those just starting on sites like eBay, etc., to know what neat things people are finding at yard and estate sales and if they are having any luck selling them, and what sites they are having success with.

I LOVE bargain hunting and going to estate sales! I love talking about my awesome finds, but find that not many people I know share my enthusiasm for "junk" and "antiques"! lol Maybe some of you feel the same way, and would love a place to brag about your finds and your sells. You never know when somebody will be selling something you are looking for, and vice versa! It's what networking is all about! :) I'm hoping to keep the thread going...

CammiB
08-03-2011, 09:49 PM
A few months ago I listed some items on Etsy for the first time. All together I've listed 7 items…3 rare vintage books, 2 vintage Christmas tree skirts, a DuBarry clutch with complimentary opera gloves, and a needlepoint tapestry handbag. So far, I've sold 3 items…A 1800s Odd Fellowship Fraternity book, and both of the Christmas tree skirts (who knew??).

On eBay, I have some sets of children's books up for auction right now. Of the 4 sets, only 1 has been bid on, and they end tonight. I thought they would be easy sellers, but apparently not. Maybe I have the starting bid too high… I'm gonna list some new items tomorrow if I can get some good pictures. I think I'm going to try some new things this time.

Anybody have a favorite item they found at a sale that they are having a hard time parting with? I love all my old books, especially old school books. I have a very early copy of Uncle Toms Cabin, but the title page is missing so I cannot date it. It has to be a rare copy because I have searched for another copy just like mine and haven't found one yet. Another favorite item is an old postage stamp album I bought for $2.00. It is filled with hundreds of world stamps dating from late 1800s to mid 1900s. Somebody pulled out all the US and Great Britain stamps though. There are tons of stamps from countries that don't exist anymore. I don't think I will be able to part with it :)

CammiB
08-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I stopped by an estate sale today - 10 minutes before closing and everything was 75% off! I learned something today…a lot of the more expensive items were still not sold, and I got some very good deals, some below 75% off. I got a beautiful 60s French tapestry wall hanging (which I took directly to the cleaners because it smelled like smoke). I also got a beautiful pin, an old pipe, and a pair of Toscano Lion Wall Sculptures. Hoping these items will resell well!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1