WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Am I the only one..

beachblonde
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Who is a little uneasy about TS welcoming all these consultants from other home party companies that are going out of business? Here's my problem with it. I was at a mary kay party that a friend "won" and the consultant was very pushy and trying to build her business. Everyone at the party already had a consultant. So she didn't gain any new clients and only got a few dollars in sales from the 5 of us because we felt like she should buy something. While she was pushing for all of us to be consultants under her, she mentions that MK has over 2 million consultants. My thought was wow, good luck finding someone without a consultant.
I think I read in the latest newsletter that TS has about 200,000 consultants. I'm worried that if TS keeps reaching out to these other consultants, we're gonna be battling for clients. I realize TS HQ wants to make money I get that but so do I.
PS I'm a compulsive worrier!! LOL

LynnAndreske
07-21-2011, 05:21 PM
The consultant count was under 30,000 last count. No where near the MK level.

Hope that helps ease the anxiety.

PinkPea
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Beachblonde,

I totally understand your concerns, and your worries are not completely unfounded. I have sent you a PM.

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

PinkPea
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Because of my business is so new, there are not many consultants. I am one of only five in my entire state.

I have found two things so far that really stand out. Maybe this will help you in your journey or other struggling consultants during this long, hot summer.

Point Number 1: For the first time in a long time, I have HOPE that my financial future for my family is brighter since I am working with a premium brand that has been around for over 150 years.

Point Number 2: Bookings are EASY, parties are FUN and people are EXCITED.

I can easily work my business around my family time, my full time job, and my "me" time.

Best of all, I don't have to chase my friends and family to "help me."

Sound familiar ?

Pink Pea

beachblonde
07-22-2011, 07:21 AM
The consultant count was under 30,000 last count. No where near the MK level.

Hope that helps ease the anxiety.

Wow that does help a lot. I don't know where I got 200,000.
Thanks!!

PinkPea
07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
That's about 576 TS consultants PER STATE.

In my business, I am 1 of 5 in my entire state. Yikes !!!

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1