WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Propay

beachblonde
07-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Pro pay Seems like a waste to me. 29.95 to sign up and then 2.6% per transaction. But you cant sign up for TSconnected without a propay account. Not fair. Your thoughts???

bambina
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
You can always accept credit cards with Square on your cell phone. That's what I do.

LynnAndreske
07-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Maybe think of it this way~~ Even though it is an expense, you will ultimately sell more because you accept CC/Debits. Most people do not carry huge amounts of cash nor their checkbooks anymore.
Propay is almost instant for release to process an order.
I too would love it if TS took care of this for us, but until then, I'll be Ok with the fees so that I can process those orders! Did you know that you can also purchase a card reader? Secruity is a big think for many people..and this securely accepts their info and it can be stored by Propay for future purchases.

I know a few who use the Square, the fees are less but it can take 2-3 days to be available for use to pay for the orders. It is a neat app.

HTH

bambina
07-21-2011, 10:05 AM
I've never had a problem with Square, the money is available the next day. I guess there is a way to do it for everyone. It's simple, comes with a card reader/swiper that you attach to your cell phone and the customer can "sign" for the purchase right there on your screen, you can then email them a copy of their "signed" receipt.

beachblonde
07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I wish I had an Iphone. I asked my sister about square. She just signed up for it. Their fees are very close to Propay. I'm gonna sign up for propay, I want a to be listed online with TS and if that means getting propay I'll do it. I'm gonna wait until september though. I'm expecting big things in October and maybe I can get enough credit card purchases to qualify for the rebate.

SCENTWITHLIGHT
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
But do we HAVE to have a current ProPay account in order to keep our TSconnected account?? Confused as I already have TS connected so does that mean that I can cancel ProPay at renewal??

carahayden
08-02-2011, 05:57 AM
But do we HAVE to have a current ProPay account in order to keep our TSconnected account?? Confused as I already have TS connected so does that mean that I can cancel ProPay at renewal??

YES...you MUST keep your PP acct if you want the TS website. It is the only CC company TS uses to process online orders. If you cancel it, your website will be cancelled as well.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1