WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Reiki_Light
07-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi all,
I see that keen has added chat to their line up. I haven't used keen in a verrrrry long time. I prefer chat to voice due to the noise factors being easier to manage, and have tried to log in with just chat with keen-but i don't appear to be showing up anywhere as logged in. Actually I can't even find myself in the listing. Is the only way to really do anything with keen to use the phone, still? Or it may be that there is a problem with my listing as it seems odd that i can't even find myself.

those of you working @psychic source--congrats! I do see that they put chat in--that was done after I left them due to family concerns.But I LOVED working for them, they are a great group. Do you know if they now hire exclusively for chat? I still have all my contact into-if I don't hear back from anyone maybe I'll pop them an email and ask--but thought maybe someone here would know off hand--thanks!

Karen

littlescotia
07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
HI Karen,

I just updated my Keen account to use the chat - but I"m having some technical difficulties with them - chat monitor says I'm online, my profiles say I'm not available for chat.

I've put in a request for help, and am awaiting a reply. I really love doing chat and email readings.

Lori-Grace

Springing
07-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Hope its okay to add a question. Are you required to have the phone and chat turned on at the same time or can you turn the phone and just do chat? I worked a site one time where we were expected to multi task:eek:

Reiki_Light
07-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Hope its okay to add a question. Are you required to have the phone and chat turned on at the same time or can you turn the phone and just do chat? I worked a site one time where we were expected to multi task:eek:

Hey-thanks for your replies :) I never did hear back from anyone there-I'm suspecting that it's still so new that you have to work both the phones AND the chat to show up as available. Not quite what I wanted while school is out for the summer, but if I was able to do just chat-I would have been able to be available quite a bit. If anyone hears any different, please yell. But for me, if we have to do both at the same time, I'll likely wait till school is back in session for the 'quiet time" (with just chat-I can put my earplugs in for a bit and no worries LOL) can't do that with a phone!

littlescotia
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
On Keen, the chat and phone are independent of each other. if you have chat up, and a call comes in, your chat will also show as "on a call", and vice versa.

if you are logged in as chat only, the only way to get anything is to really advertise yourself (your website etc.) As I found also you won't be advertised as "available" in keen's listing, for chat only.

Reiki_Light
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Yep that's the problem I was having. I wanted to work "chat only" for those times when I don't have a perfectly quiet background, but it didn't show me as being online so I sat and sat and sat. Ideally I would much rather do chat for that reason-but now that school is back in session for the kids, if I need to take calls so that I can have chat, it will be easier--thanks! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1