WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Placing Ads

jessicaj
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Wanted to get your opinion...
I have a team member who is wanting to do some paid online advertising (like through google, facebook etc).
She asked for my opinion, and I admittedly told her that I don't have much experience in this department, BUT I know that there are some online marketing gurus here! :)
I would appreciate your input as I know that online marketing is really an art form!
Thanks in advance for your guidance!

LAscents
06-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure others may disagree.

Google, FB, and other PPC (pay per click) ads can get extremely expensive (literally thousands of dollars each month) and many current consultants also click on them, for which you are charged. You should be prepared to spend a chunk if you want to play with the big dogs. This (big bucks) is true if you're trying to promote yourself on the major key words (scentsy, scentsy business, scentsy candles, scentsy wickless, etc.)

If you want to rank high or be featured on less popular, more narrowly focused keywords, that aren't as in demand, it won't cost that much. Though consider if not that many people will search on your particular key words/phrases, is it worth it? Maybe, perhaps not.

jessicaj
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks Laurie!
I was hoping to hear from you!
What's everyone else think??

abwentzel
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I have zero experience with paid online advertising but I truely think word of mouth is the best form of advertising and that is totally free :)

jessicaj
06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I have been working with her to build her list of people that she knows that don't live in her town/state... I think she is doing fine personally. She is building a nice team for herself and I think her sales are great.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1