WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Brainfuse tutoring

bonnjer
06-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm looking into tutoring with Brainfuse, but I'd like to get some more information on them. How does it work? Is it just whiteboard and chat or is voice also required? Do you have to have a DSL/cable connection or would a satellite internet connection work? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hguinn79
07-11-2011, 03:33 PM
From my experience, I wouldn't recommend them. Granted I did quite well when I was with them, they aren't managed very well and I was "terminated" because I tried to get a supervisor involved with a student who was clearly plagiarizing. I was told that they aren't there to "babysit" us, and they wouldn't give me a chance to explain my side. Come to find out this "supervisor" was on facebook the entire time I was trying to deal with the said student, yet said she was "too busy" to deal with it at the time. Even after 3 months of trying to get some type of communication with Elize, I was not deserving of even a reply.

Last I tried to get back with them (because the pay was good) I was told they aren't looking for tutors anymore right now. I've yet to find a good online tutoring company, but would LOVE to find something - I was with Brainfuse for about 2 years and absolutely loved the praise I got from students. Too bad the staff wasn't as observant.