WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Distressing

robynec
05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
What is your favorite way to do distressing on your projects? Any favorite tools or techniques?

lorah
05-15-2011, 01:17 AM
What is your favorite way to do distressing on your projects? Any favorite tools or techniques?

I have an edge distresser that I like. I also like to 'very lightly' mist the paper and crunch it up. Then I flatten it out and use some light sand paper (that's made for scrapbooking) on some of the raised parts. CTMH's cardstock is great for this because it has the white core and it shows through. Is that what you meant? Or did I miss it completely? LOL

robynec
05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I know I love doing that with the crumpling to Lorah
Make sure you take a warm iron and run over your paper after it is dry and you have sanding some of the crinkles so that your embellishments adhere best to the card stock.

lorah
05-20-2011, 03:07 AM
I know I love doing that with the crumpling to Lorah
Make sure you take a warm iron and run over your paper after it is dry and you have sanding some of the crinkles so that your embellishments adhere best to the card stock.

Thanks for the tip! Never thought about ironing the paper after it's dry!

robynec
05-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Sure thing makes it alot easier to embellish and to add to your book:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1