WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Flea Market or booths

nbfbaw
04-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Does anyone sell stuff at a flea market or rent out a booth in a store. I am thinking of doing this and would like some information on the questions to ask the location. Just to make sure I have my bases covered. Also is there any profit in doing so. Thanks

ybnegood
04-24-2011, 08:22 AM
It's good that you are doing your "homework" first..... At a flea market, talk to other dealers and ask them
How are sales? Are you making a profit? what seems to sell at this location? How is management?
Do they respond quickly to your concerns?

Is there a long term contract? What are the rules? What are the fees? Do you report your dealers to the Dept of Revenue? Do you have a special starter price for new sellers (like a trial basis)

For stores, basically the same thing, but ask yourself first "would the store attract the type of customers that would be interested in my product? What happens if sales are terrible - can I cancel my agreement?

Rather than sell at stores, I personally sell at fairs/festivals/bazaars etc. One or two day events that draw a lot of people out. I set up, sell my wares, pack up and go home and count my money.

good luck to you
pm if you want to discuss more
martin

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1