WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Where do old products go?

KariC
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
really want to sign up with Watkins again. Been thinking about it for several months. The only thing holding me back is that so many of the products we like end up getting discontinued. We love the new products but we like our old ones too like the 2 in one Vanilla shampoo, and the peppermint toothpaste and the rich hand cream. Can someone tell me where do old products go? I think the toothpaste they had production problems with and were going to bring it back...

Thanks!

Kari

bianca5454
04-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Kari,
I feel your pain. Over the years that have been some products that have gone away for various reasons; some due to ingredients and suppliers of those ingredients, products not meeting Watkins standards, and/or because of supply and demand - while we love the products, sometimes there just isn't the sales volume to produce the product at an economical price.

There hasn't been any update on the toothpaste in a while, but it was an item that Watkins was pursuing to bring back. The Ultra Rich cream IS still available. It's placed under the traditional products section. I too loved the 2 in 1 vanilla shampoo (and the body wash). That one is gone due to demand. Watkins has introduced a lotion and body scrub in a coconut, milk & honey scent that is just out of this world. I brought a bottle of lotion to work, and the ladies are loving it (hence, the orders are coming in)!

While some of our personal favorites do go away, Watkins is always coming out with new products, or shall I say, new favorites!

It's just the nature of the business as in any company. There have been many products over the years that I fell in love with from 'other' companies, and the same happens with them as well.

If you have other questions about Watkins, please do not hesitate to post here or PM me directly.

I wish I could give you the answer that we would all like to hear, however, I know you will find new favorites with Watkins! :)

KariC
04-18-2011, 07:03 AM
Thank you for the reply Bianca. It is reassuring to hear. I am glad the Ultra Rich hand cream is still available as I gave my MIL my last container and I use it once or twice per day.

My only other question on this subject is - do you feel that the products coming and going affects your sales in anyway or do you just focus on the new products in that situation?

Thanks again for your response.

bianca5454
04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Kari,
It's sort of a catch 22 situation. Because Watkins has a wide range of product offerings, I have customer that purchase from a specific group while others from a couple of groups or all groups. So, from time to time, it can and does happen that we may lose some sales because a product has been discontinued, but at the same time, we always see new customers as well; always establishing customers who find our timeless products favorites as well as introducing those folks to the new products.

Nobody likes change, but it's the nature of the beast, and we do adapt.

HTH~ :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1