WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Scent bar question

abwentzel
03-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Just wondering how many hours each square of the scent bar should smell for? Do most use just 1 square at a time?

AletheaAnderson
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Greetings!

I use just one square at a time and it will fragrance my home for a full day, turning the warmer on first thing in the morning and turning it off right before bed. I put in a new cube once a day for maximum fragrance throw. So about 8 days @ 12 hours a day = nearly 100 hours for me for one bar!

LAscents
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
It's very subjective. Some consultants tell customers each full bar lasts 60-80 hours. That's not always a good idea to quote time frames because each person's sense of smells works differently. Our executives have said on a number of calls or in presentations to stay away from quoting times. It's always best to under promise and over deliver. Besides, variables such as high notes vs. low notes, physiology, room size, drafts, heat, air, windows, leaving it on 24/7 vs. turning it off and allowing it to return to solid, and a variety of other factors will affect how long each lasts and each person could experience different time frames.

Wickless candles are harder to pin point a time frame, whereas with wicked candles it's easy to determine burn time. You can quote average 6-8 hours for tealights or 8-10 for votives, etc. You can't be that absolute when you are only warming wax because the wax doesn't evaporate. That's where the subjectivity comes in.

For example, I know some people who put one cube in and it will last days or all week. I replace all of my warmers with two new cubes each and every day. Big difference in preferences - so you can see why there is such a range in times.

You could respond with your own experience, which is more practical that just number of hours. For example you could say something like, "I put one cube in the warmer in my bathroom and it lasts all week. But it's also a smaller room and I only turn it on in the evenings. Whereas in my larger living room, I yada, yada, yada, and it lasts blah blah blah.

The main point you want to get across is that there is no set time and each person will settle into how frequently they swap it out.

AletheaAnderson
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Great points Laurie!

I like how you mentioned to use your own experience, that's a great idea ~ perfect!

Also the size of warmer used may have a difference as well, the Full-Size Warmer vs the Mid-Size vs the Plug-In, each has unique sized surface areas where the fragrant wax exposed to air is larger or smaller ~ so that can make a difference as well :)

Also some may be using Scentsy Warmers, and some may be using Warmers from other sources that may use hot plates or tea lights to warm the wax ~ which also can change the aroma 'hang time' as well.

When all else fails, follow the nose!

jessicaj
03-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Great inputs! :)

kevin0265
04-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Looking forward to your updates! ! !

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1