WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Scentsy and 31

huskerme
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
I am a current Scentsy consultant, but I have been thinking about becoming a 31 consultant since I have seen some of being consultants for both. My question is, how do you go about keeping them seperate. I know by Scentsy rules that you can not market them together, which I get, but what about cusomter cross over. I read somewhere in the Scentsy rules that you can not use your Scentsy customers as leads, so what if one y Scentsy customers wants to order something from me if I do 31?
How do you all do it?

kainsley\
03-30-2011, 07:39 AM
My understanding is that you can sell to both, but you can't target your current customers or downline to buy from or join the other. If a customer or downline comes to you, it's fair game. However, there is a enrollment freeze with 31 right now.

NicoletteS
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
You will find quite a few Scentsy consultants who are also in 31. My Director is also a Director with 31...(hmm maybe that's why we never hear from her...lol). Seriously, you will find people working both businesses and it is obviously doable. Good luck to you.

dss13
05-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I read somewhere that a lot of Scentsy reps use 31 bags to hold their warmers and do "basket" parties. If you use a 31 bag for your business, which one works best?

Donna Sadler
http://dsadler.scentsy.us

huskerme
05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I just orderd a couple of the thermal totes about a month ago to use for my basket parties! I have to say they turned out pretty cool! I orderd them in the polka dotted black pattern and had "Scents to Go" in hot pink put on them!
You can put some of your mini testers a few catalogs and order forms, some samples of the fragrance foam and room spray and a little mini guide book for your host! Plus, I like the fact that they are insulated to help protect your mini testers from melting!

wicklessflames
05-04-2011, 06:01 AM
What is 31 ? I never have heard of it and I see several consultants talk about it...

carahayden
05-04-2011, 06:32 AM
31 is a company that sells totes, pocket books etc. They have a consulant sign up freeze from what I understand. They aren't letting anyone else join....they are having issues with returns, quality control and cant keep up with product orders/demands.

wicklessflames
05-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Ok...Thanks alot for the info...Will have to check them out...maybe can use some of there things for my scentsy business...

jessicaj
05-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I ordered a tote from them for personal use. I am quite pleased with the quality... Its a wonderful bag.
Thinking about placing another order...

GoWicklessWithLori
05-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I sell both!! And I absolutely LOVE it!! I use alot of different Thirty-One bags to carry my Scentsy supplies around!! I love advertising for both that way. I have received new customers from my Scentsy base just because they receive the thermal tote or all-in-one organizer with a Basket Party and want to know more about it. As far as my expenses.. I keep 2 of the same but different spreadsheets to track :)

31partyonline
05-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Scentsy consultants I know love Thirty-One and some of them sell both!! As far as quality issues mentioned above, Thirty-One has a great reputation for handling any issues, and strives to provide the best service and products as possible. When you have as much growth as Thirty-One has, there are bound to be backorders. Imagine over new 13,000 consultants signing on in less than 6 weeks and then all having parties, buying personal inventory, the kits alone would be unbelievable. Thirty-One made a difficult yet honorable decision to put the temporary pause on enrollments so they could make their company even better, by adding more manufacturing and embroidery, more employees, more sales staff, more HR, more IT people, beefing up the internal systems, etc. Which is why we have an official waiting list of over 10,000 potential consultants. The excitement over Thirty-One hasn't slowed at all, but they are preparing and increasing inventories for a fabulous fall season.

I am proud to be a Director with a company that understands customer satisfaction and quality are more important than quantity. The temporary enrollment pause went into effect in February and is going to be lifted starting in July for some, mostly in August. People on the official wait list will be invited to join on a first come first serve basis in the order they signed on to the wait list. We are busy working with our "Ladies in Waiting" doing training so that they are ready to go when the enrollment pause is lifted and they can officially begin their own parties. The future of Thirty-One is bright!!

My scentsy gals love the all-in-one organizer, the organizing utility tote, the large utility tote, and the thermals (to keep their bars from melting).

Me?? I am a fan of scentsy and so far I have tried and love sugar cookie, mochadoodle, cranberry mango, citrus, and pretty much anything that smells like food. lol

VeggieGirl84
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I read somewhere that a lot of Scentsy reps use 31 bags to hold their warmers and do "basket" parties. If you use a 31 bag for your business, which one works best?

I like the thermal totes and the the small organizing tote. I signed up simply for the discount and do not promote it at all.

momofcbhs
05-25-2011, 02:05 PM
I am a Thirty-One rep and LOVE it!! I sell to a lot of scentsy reps. I see these business' as going great together. If I can send any info to anyone please feel free to contact me. My website is www.mythirtyone.com/18842

Kerry

disneylovingfamily
05-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I sell both!! And I absolutely LOVE it!! I use alot of different Thirty-One bags to carry my Scentsy supplies around!! I love advertising for both that way. I have received new customers from my Scentsy base just because they receive the thermal tote or all-in-one organizer with a Basket Party and want to know more about it. As far as my expenses.. I keep 2 of the same but different spreadsheets to track :)

Do you have any tips for juggling 2? :)

And can you tell me more about the basket parties? Those sound great! Is it like a traveling catalog party?

mommy2005
05-26-2011, 06:36 AM
You can definitely do 2 companies at the same time! Organization is the key! It has to be in place from the beginning. It just makes life easier.

Right now, I'm doing Scentsy and my new jewelry business. Scentsy is running itself with online orders and basket parties out. So, I'm spending more time on my new start-up, since it requires more time right now to get going. I'm also using my Scentsy profits to help with whatever I need for the new business. It is a win-win for me!

Basket parties are like catalog parties, except you have a tote with mini-testers people can smell. You can mail them to friends and family far away, too. They just take them to around to everyone they know and collect orders. It's very simple! It's a great way to promote your business and the hostess gets the same benefits as having a home party. Such an awesome idea and really a great way to do well with Scentsy!

Let me know, if you have more questions!

razorbackmama
06-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Can you tell me more about this? I'm thinking about signing on with both 31 and Scentsy and doing just this. How do your Scentsy customers know that you sell 31 also and haven't just bought the totes from someone else? Or do they say, "Oh, where did you get such a cute bag?" and then you tell them? LOL

Do you have any cross-over from your 31 customers to Scentsy? If so, how do they find out about that? Or are there not similar rules with 31 - are you allowed to promote Scentsy to them?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1