WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Selling clothes on ebay tips?

beccamenk
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Hey!
So I recently started selling clothes on ebay and have been doing pretty well, but wondered i anyone may have any tips. What sizes sell the most? Are womans ,baby,children, or mens most popular? What items sell the best? Where is the best place to get clothes to sell. I have been getting them on sale days at thrift shops, and am glad garage sale season is coming. Any ideas and help would be great!! Thanks!!!

khakigirl
03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Garage sales are great! Go on the last day of a sale and offer to buy all their clothes for a certain amount. Most sellers will jump at the chance to get rid of all their old clothes. Baby clothes are probably the highest selling clothing items, especially if you can get name-brand clothing. Plus size women's clothing sells very well as well. If you peruse thrift stores, Goodwill, and garage sales, you're bound to find some name-brand, great condition clothing. Sometimes you'll even find designer clothing.

A few selling tips from a seasoned seller:
1. Buy a mannequin for your clothes
2. Learn how to take great eBay pictures (lots of guides online)
3. Sell items individually - only sell a lot (group of similar clothing) if you have several items that don't sell after a few tries
4. Watch the seasons and sell what stores are selling. If they are selling coats and sweaters, sell coats and sweaters. If they are selling shorts and bathing suits, do the same.
5. Buy bulk supplies. It will cost you so much less in the long run. Check Amazon.com for some great bulk supplies.
6. Buy a postal scale and USE IT! Don't guess on weights.
7. Use calculated shipping costs on eBay and add a handling fee. (I used 50 cents for mine). This pays for supplies and the buyer will NEVER see it.
8. Never list an item without a picture!

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know. I sold about $5000 worth of stuff on eBay last year. I just sell random stuff laying around my house and items I find at thrift stores that I KNOW will sell for more. For example, I purchased a box of video games for $30 and just sold them for $130! Quick $100 profit. :)

ybnegood
03-24-2011, 05:50 PM
List during free listing periods whenever you can.

Remember Ebay to charge fees on your shipping starting April 19 - be prepared for it.

Buy Poly or tyvek shipping pouches - not bubble lined packs - much lighter and cost less to ship

post wanteds in craigslist... i.e. looking for quality baby clothes, or specify what you are looking for
some people might "give" you lots of clothes, rather than hassle with selling them or donating them.

try out other sites to sell on also such as Bonanza or eCrater
fees much less, but lots less traffic/visitors

good luck
martin

ambkeb
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Ive always had decent luck selling clothing on Ebay. jSo i wish you continued success.

A good place to look for clothing is Freecycle. I've noticed that most cities have one. Go in yahoo groups and put in your town and freecycle. I've gotten a ton of clothing from there, as well have gotten rid of a lot.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1