WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : question

seekinginfo
03-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Just a question. The business kit is $199.00 and then you pick one of 3 looks. How much is that? Just wondering how much it is in total to start a Silpada business. Thanks in advance....

cabimom
03-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi, The starter kit is $199 and it includes one of those 3 looks which you get to choose!. This is new for SD. In addition to that, you can choose any amount of the jewelry (one of each style) for 50% off at your sign up time. But buying extra samples is not required. The only requirement is to purchase your starter kit which comes with enough supplies (catalogs, order forms, mini look books etc.) for at least 5 shows, personalized business cards, a stamp for your business forms and catalogs and a FREE website. It is a great time to join because next month (April) the websites get shopping carts so customers can order online!!! And you get a $200 certificate for free jewelry when you submit your first qualified show! You also have the opportunity to earn more free jewelry just by selling!

So to start it is $199 + shipping (which I think is about $15) + your local sales tax. If you choose to purchase additional jewelry then it would be more of an investment, but totally worth it because the average SD show is $950 in sales and you get a 30% profit from that! So you can earn back your investment really fast! Hope that helps!

blingslinger
03-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Good morning! I can answer that for you :) It's $199 to startup. This INCLUDES one of three jewelry looks (they are a $179 value!). It also includes your catalogs, business cards, website and all your supplies for your first shows. Online ordering is launching in April and you will not pay anything extra for basically having your own online store! It's really a great deal!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me or ask it here, there are lots of knowledgable gals on this board :)

Have a fabulous day!

Deirdre

blingslinger
03-13-2011, 09:05 AM
LOL! We posted at the same time! Great answer, Cabimom :)

KristenB
03-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Good Morning! Looks like everyone is up early Silpalda-ing this morning...have a wonderful day ladies!!!

seekinginfo
03-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the information. Lots to think about. I am in no hurry to make any decisions, but appreciate the information just the same.

cabimom
03-13-2011, 04:10 PM
LOL! We posted at the same time! Great answer, Cabimom :)

:D Thanks!

Cheryl
03-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Cabimom, have you decided which on the 3 "looks" you are starting with? I'm currious to know which one is most poular.

Cheryl ~