WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
03-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I have been thinking about doing this for a long time, and last week I finally bit the bullet and enrolled myself into a three day ebay training course with Bidding Buzz (Amanda and Matt Clarkson).

I have never done anything like this before and am a bit anxious. I have been trying to learn online for years, and have had mixed success on ebay, and am hoping that this course will be the thing that spurs me into action and the success I have been dreaming of. I really hope that the claims in their marketing are not hugley exaggerated.

I am looking forward to three days away from everyone and everything, and to be able to spend time really focussing.

Would love to hear if anyone else has done a course with the Clarksons before, and what results you had.

Here is the link to the course I am doing: workshop_march | Bidding Buzz Australia (http://biddingbuzz.com.au/workshop_march/)

chewyojn
03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi There,

I read your post. How did the ebay workshop go? Are you doing well on ebay now?

Unkle_Jessie
03-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I am curious about the ebay workshop and what you thought of it as well. I have bought and sold on ebay over the past several years, just here and there. Most recently have been selling on amazon, and right now I prefer it over ebay, however it's just more suited for the products and things that I have been selling.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
03-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi

I haven't been to the workshop yet, it is on the weekend from Friday March 25th to Sunday 27th. I am hoping to pick up some good tips and hope that I am enlightened to new and better ways of selling on ebay.
Will post my thoughts after I have done the workshop, fingers crossed it will be as good as I hope :)
This is the company who I am doing it through Sell On eBay Home Business (http://biddingbuzz.com/)

cheers
Angela

ybnegood
03-09-2011, 07:41 AM
A lot of these "build your business on Ebay" training courses teach some basic common sense.

Check completed listings to see what stuff is actually selling for
Tweak your keywords to get maximum hits
Save and profit from your shipping charges
Keep a website up for customer re-orders (off ebay to save on fees)
Watch for ebay free listing or reduced fee listing events and take advantage of them
Source your products wisely for cost and quality

Also, it wouldnt hurt to go into the "community" section and read the posts from other ebay sellers
for tips, tricks, and suggestions

good luck to you
martin

GAjewel
03-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Good luck with your course! You definitely want to pick your niche within eBay as it will make sourcing products and knowing your market a lot easier. Once you get good at one niche, you can expand. I have worked on eBay for many years and it has been lucrative for me, so I wish you all the best!

CC

Hugalicious Ragdolls
03-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Good luck with your course! You definitely want to pick your niche within eBay as it will make sourcing products and knowing your market a lot easier. Once you get good at one niche, you can expand. I have worked on eBay for many years and it has been lucrative for me, so I wish you all the best!

CC

Hi CC

I have finally found a niche which looks very promising. It had to be something I am interested in myself, otherwise I know I would lose interest pretty fast. I have found a few suppliers who have exactly what I want to sell, just need to negotiate a good deal :)
My course starts next Friday, so I am hoping I will get some tips for negotiating with suppliers, and also the best way to list my products.
Very Exciting! I will post when I have completed the three day course to let you know how I went.

cheers
Angela

Hugalicious Ragdolls
03-28-2011, 01:10 AM
wow, what a whirlwind of a weekend.

I finished the course yesterday afternoon, and if it is coming to a town near you, I highly recommend that you attend if you are an ebay seller.

I have been selling on and off on ebay since 2005, and have learnt so many new strategies, including good copywriting, use of key words, how to actually use the ebay features properly along with a heap of other stuff. The course was three full, jam packed days and was the best thing I have ever done with regards to home based business.

If you are interested, their site is biddingbuzz.com Matt and Amanda are superstars :) They are Aussies, but travel the world spreading their message. These guys are legitimate and have great integrity. I have been to heaps of seminars on different topics in the past and usually walk away thinking that it was all about upselling of products. Although they do have products available, there was no hard sell, and they even discouraged a few people who were down to their last dollar, telling them that they could use the strategies from the workshop and succeed.

Look out for them!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1