WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : National Conference 2011?

blingslinger
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey Silver Sisters :)

Just wondering who is going to National Conference in July? If you haven't been...it will change your business!! Not to mention first time attendees get $500 in FREE jewelry (plus a $70 Visa Gift Card for expenses!).

Our keynote speaker is Jon Gordon...awesome!

Who's coming with me? It's going to be soooooo much fun!

KristenB
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I am!! I'm not going to be able to register for a couple weeks yet. But, I am there!! hope we can meet! Now, do they release the new jewlery there or is it just a sneal peek?

robynec
03-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I can't go this year:(
Wish I could sounds like mega fun and I wanna meet you gals to. Deirdre you and Kristen have to send me pics and all that. Gonna kill me that I can't but prior arrangements have been made for awhile now.

blingslinger
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Bummer, Robyn! We'll definitely take tons of pics for you!
They do release the new jewelry! It's crazy fun!

Kristen, we should meet up!! When you register you have the option to purchase an exclusive piece of jewelry available only to conference attendees...check it out:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183023_188194611218649_100000843351019_438521_7900 224_n.jpg

KristenB
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd love to meet Deidre, I was hoping to that one time we had the training here in Phoenix but my mom came into town that day and it was days before my wedding. Too much then BUT I am so excited about conference.

I love the jewelry and I'll buy it for sure. I want the whole girlfriend experience and I am rock solid about my business, I've done great shows in the past week and I'm not stopping for nothing.

Ditto on the bummer. Where do you live Robyn are you in Arizona with Deidre and me? Well maybe if your polans change you can end up going:))

robynec
03-03-2011, 12:12 PM
NO I am in KY:(
Dang nabit one day I'll come meet you gals and we can take the town by storm LOL
You two think of me when you are checkin out all our wonderful new jewelry. Deirdre I am holding you to your word grilfriend. I will need pics and info and well all of the details LMBO
Hugs ladies

cabimom
03-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Gorgeous bracelet!

blingslinger
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Kristen, I am in Chandler :) This will be my 3rd National Conference, it's definitely not an option for me, LOL! The girl time is AWESOME and the training..Amazing!

Kristen...get ready, girlfriend...training is about to be even better! With the new Field Trainers (ours is Sue Scheen...who I LOVE), Silpada is going to offer even more local training. Robyn, your field trainer is Shirley Knight (love her to, super fun gal). The field development trainers will be setting up training in cities throughout the US..tailored directly to us!!

We're having a leadership roundtable next week to go over what sort of training we'd like to see and how to run it. Kristen, if you have any thoughts, let me know and I'll be happy to share them :)

And Robyn...we put together a HUGE conference DVD each year. I'll forward you ours from last year...it's a hoot! And FYI...the sock monkey is our mascot (he got a little crazy at Conference, LOL).

gkoinski
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I am signing up as a new rep within the week. I plan on registering for Convention in a week or two after that. Almost a 'must do' to really get my business off to a good start! My sponsor says there's nothing like it, and it's hard to explain how exciting it is (this one will be her 5th convention).

blingslinger
03-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Congrats!!! You're going to LOVE Silpada :) And National Conference is fabulous!

cabimom
03-04-2011, 09:21 AM
I am really leaning toward joining this company. It sounds amazing. I am going to my reps Spring Line Debut tonight, can't wait!

robynec
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Let us know what ya think Cabimom.

cabimom
03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Ok, I saw the new Spring jewelry and it is really gorgeous. I am seriously thinking hard about making a switch. If I do, I want to invest the money and really make a business of this. There is such an aura of class when you look at SD jewelry, I guess there is nothing like real Sterling jewelry. The marketing materials are super high quality too. I couldn't believe the recruiting packet I was given, it was like a catalog in itself! First class company all the way.

Questions: Did you all start out with a lot of jewelry? Or, did you build your collection?

robynec
03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Silpada is a first class company in every way Cabimom. I know what you mean by the recruiting packet as well. All our materials are of like quality all the way to our catalogs to our order forms LOL.
Personally, I took advantage of the You've Got The Look kit where you get to choose from one of three looks valued at $179 and then I ordered a few pieces at 50% off. So, for me all in all Not alot of pieces but enough to wear around and show. I am still building and will be ordering a few more pieces here soon.
This is probably the best choice that I have made in all my years in direct sales.

cabimom
03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
So, did you take advantage of having your own launch show so you could earn hostess jewelry and the $200 jewelry certificate with a $500 show/? That seems like a great way to build your display even if you didn't start out with a lot. Does anyone think a launch party is doable with only 6-10 pieces of the jewelry or should I wait to join so I can save my money to purchase more so I have at least 20-30 pieces? Not sure what to do.

I am sure my rep would want me to start right away, and she does have a loaner kit for me. But it is not really the launch party that worries me, it's after that when I have to return her loaner kit. Will people still buy if i don't have a huge display? What is your experience?

KristenB
03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Cabimom, each rep handles her recruit in a different way. For instance, my rep lent me the loaner kit for the whole time I was in qualification for my whole fast start period with the understanding any profits I made I reinvested into jewelry, which I did.

If she is going to do a loaner for you, ask if you could keep it for a little longer. Invest what you can and keep booking to get extra pieces. I hear all the time how women with 10 pieces and the catalogs were able to start a successful business 1 piece of jewelry at a time, building slow was better than not building at all. They did it too. I started with about 10 as well and now I am up to about 50 pieces. I just do what I can.

I'm glad you liked what you saw and you really need to see the rest of the original catalog in person. What sold me the most was that I was actually selling jewelry, sterling silver with authentic stones and trim and it wasn't plastic, it wasn't stamped pieces but it was quality, beautiful quality.

People will still buy even if you don't have a big supply but it is something you want to work up to, to have a descent amount. Having said that, you DON"T need the whole catalog. Pick a few of each type and rtound it out. My rep has hundreds of pieces and she is selling alof of it off becuase it is just too much and not necessary.

I know you've been boppin' around contemplating a few companies but I can tell you Silpada is a class act for sure, best training I've ever seen and a commintment to our success in the field.

Whatever you choose I hope your happy and successsful!!

blingslinger
03-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Well said, Kristen :) And CAbi mom, one of my BEST parties was held early on in my career when I only had 15-20 pieces!

Keep in mind, if you sign up this week, you get 50% off at sign up AND 50% off the new spring line until March 17th (I know that's soon!).

The Fast Start program really is amazing as well. $500 in free jewelry for every $3000 sold (and with online ordering coming up...that's going to be even easier than ever to reach!).

Let us know what you decide :) Hugs to you!

Deirdre

BurningBelief
03-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Where is the National Conference? Kansas? Just wondered. I would LOVE to go!! :)

blingslinger
03-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Kansas City, MO! It's July 21 - 24!

BurningBelief
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Most excellent. That is only 2 hours from where I live. :)

robynec
03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
You are sooo lucky Jenn. It's forever away from me:(

BurningBelief
03-23-2011, 03:21 AM
I am really happy about this as I have never been to any business/company convention due to the location. This time I actually have a chance to be there because it's so close! Already talked to my hubby about it and he's on board so I am stoked!! :)

robynec
03-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Well I have already asked Deirdre and now I am asking you "Take Me Pics!!!!" purty please:)

BurningBelief
03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Sure thing!! :)