WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Possible Interest

greenmama07
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I am a SAHM and have been looking at "work at home" opportunities for a while now but I have never found anything that was the right fit. I keep coming back to Watkins b/c it has a low start up cost and there are no monthly quotas and it doesn't seem that you have to do "parties" or "recruit".

My big question is how are people doing with the business in this economy which doesn't seem to be getting better? I'm afraid to get excited and get started and then have no one who can afford to buy products.

I have spent the last year learning about Affiliate Marketing and getting a website designed and almost up and running to find out my state is one of the ones who is trying to pass a bill that would affect businesses that have affiliate marketing programs like Amazon which are now doing away with these programs for the states being affected. It is a huge let down but I'm hoping the bill won't pass and my time won't be wasted. I just don't want another let down. :0(

Thanks,
Dawn

bianca5454
02-25-2011, 03:10 AM
Hi Dawn,
Welcome to the Watkins folder. I've been with Watkins for more than 7 years and wouldn't have it any other way. Sure the economy has affected businesses in general, but Watkins is still going strong and customers still purchase quality. It's just one of life's bumps in the road.

The beauty about Watkins is that you can build your business at your own pace and you are not pressured to fill any requirements nor quotas because Watkins does not have those. Watkins understands the variables in each of our lifes goals and allows us the ease to be reps of the company to fit our lifestyle.

I invite you to click on my sig line for more business info. The online eBook will cover in depth info about the business. Please feel free to PM me with other questions.

littlescotia
02-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Good day Dawn :)

I'm on Bianca's team, and have been with Watkins for 20 months now. I second her vote for not wanting it any other way! I've done a few other things too, (AND I worked at head office for a network marketing company too.) and have never come across a team with a business that offers so much support, a family environment, (and appreciates that we have families!). I've learned more things with this team within Watkins than I did in all the other things I have done combined.

I'm finding that the economy really isn't a factor in my business building! We offer products that are top notch, that are EVERYDAY normal products you would use, and at awesome prices. (however, I'm at a level now where my earnings cover my own homes monthly usage, so it's like I get all my regular detergent, soap, facial care etc for FREE.)

It's my personal opinion that you get out of a business what you put in. You reap what you sow, right? If you put effort into a Watkins business as you have put into your current affiliate marketing programs, you'll succeed.

Lori Petroff.

Find me on Facebook if you want to connect and chat more. I practically live there!

DebraFerrie
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Good day Dawn :)

It's my personal opinion that you get out of a business what you put in. You reap what you sow, right?

I agree! So true. And is more people would remember this, they could grow their businesses to major levels!

greenmama07
03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Thank you ladies. Sorry response took so long my computer was down. I will be sure to check out the ebook to learn more. It sounds like a great company with great products.

greenmama07
03-03-2011, 10:08 AM
@bianca5454:

Hi Bianca. I just went thru ebook and I think I'm in LOVE, LOL! I do have a couple of questions though.

-Is there any policy on selling products from other lines as far as conflict of interest? I don't sell anything right now but I'm thinking in case I wanted to try a couple different things.

-How long does it take the average person to be able to get the Watkinize Your Home Kit since it is kind of expensive?

-Are there any weekly or monthly phone training or conference calls?

-What type of materials are included in starter kit as far as catalogs and stuff like that?

Thanks and if anyone else has any input that would be great too!

bianca5454
03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
-Is there any policy on selling products from other lines as far as conflict of interest? I don't sell anything right now but I'm thinking in case I wanted to try a couple different things.
No conflict of interest. The only thing Watkins asks of us is that if we do a show that we keep the products separate (or on one side of the table) from the other companyís products so to not confuse the customer as to the Watkins product offering is.

-How long does it take the average person to be able to get the Watkinize Your Home Kit since it is kind of expensive?
The WYH set is completely optional and purchased at the associates discretion. I have seen folks order it right away while others wait a couple months. It is a fantastic program, but again, completely optional. My suggestion to new coming associates is to compare the list of products they want/need against the products offered in the WYH set. The WYH includes popular items that are easily sold and used by the associate. So, when you are ready to place an order, consider what exactly you would spend on your list vs. the set.

-Are there any weekly or monthly phone training or conference calls?
Yes, the Summit group offers a weekly conference call (Thursday nights). All conference calls are recorded and archived for future listening as well. So, if we are unable to listen in on a live call, we can always go to the Summit home site and pull the call up at our leisure.

-What type of materials are included in starter kit as far as catalogs and stuff like that?
The basic membership for $39.95 is just a membership (not a kit per se). It give you membership and benefits as an associate as well as some misc business documents and one full line catalog. This was changed a few years back to allow folks to design their interest to suit their needs. We have the option to purchase catalogs, samples and products individually to fit our goals.

Thanks and if anyone else has any input that would be great too!
Iíll also be sending you an email. Do feel free to email me directly with other questions you may have.

greenmama07
03-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Great thanks!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1