WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

cabimom
02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Love the new jewelry, but it just cracks me up that Silpada has gone "stella" in their display! White frames and dress forms, this is a whole new look for Silpada but so much like Stella and Dot it is almost funny! Are they hearing foot steps or something? They have always been able to carry their own weight with their jewelry, it is sort of disappointing that they think they have to "copy" another company with their "new" displays! But then again, maybe they will pull from those who have quit S & D, they certainly would have the right display materials! ;) But the spring jewelry is beautiful and the prices are a great value for genunine sterling and I see several pieces that I would like to own. Nice job on the jewelry!!

KristenB
02-20-2011, 01:50 AM
HI Cabimom,

The jewelry is gorgeous! Ordered it tonight and I'm not sure what you mean by the comparison with S and D? I don't think they look anything like them and as far as copying anyone I believe it is more of a "trend" in styling in response to the dress forms. Anyway, who cares? We are nothing like S and D or any company out there, really. Hmm kind of disappointed to hear a slam like that:(

cabimom
02-20-2011, 10:09 AM
No, I know the jewelry is nothing like Stella and Dot, nor is the company. S & D is known for their white frames, dress forms etc. They are the ones who started that whole trend. Silpada was always displayed on black in the past. I wasn't slamming anyone, I just found it interesting that Silpada was following their lead. And yes, I agree it is a more updated look. I like that Silpada's new designs are "softer" looking and I can only imagine how they look in person. I am certain they are gorgeous.

robynec
03-01-2011, 06:07 AM
You've got that right Cabimom. Georgous is an understatement LOL